Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and this time I actually got it!!!!! another exciting hunt...

not a bow kill but with muzzleloader...

in stand by 2... my buddy texts me to tell me that I deserve a big buck and as i was putting the phone down I see big body about 60 yds off... holy cow what a big buck! I raise my gun and put my cross hairs on him... his head is hidden in the holly so I can't tell how many points but the glimpses that I get are very impressive... His body however is in full view... I pull back the trigger... but trigger wont pull back...crap! I hunted in the rain a few days ago and have hunted hard since so I haven't had a chance to do a full take down cleaning.... but I wiped and sprayed a special protectant and anti-rust stuff from winchester in and on everything... it still managed to rust stuck! so I'm working hammer back and forth and finally knock it loose but deer was gone... I just get glimpses of his tail and legs as he weaves thru thick brush.. I hit the grunt tube... 5 mins later I hear crashing in the leaves... an angry 4 pt come in... then an angry 9 pt comes in to chase the 4 pt... they were acting nuts makeing scrapes and rubs not 40 yards in front of me... I wait to see if a 3rd deer comes in but nothing... after watching these knuckleheads for 5 or so mins I decide to take the 9... put my cross hairs on the shoulders and squeeze... booooom! he jumps.. mule kick, and then plants his face in the dirt... he then gets back up and runs... I get down an hour later and I can see where he kicked and dragged his face but absoulutly no blood... I look everywhere... finally decide to give up and go back at daylight tomorrow, I find atv trail I walked in on and head back to stand to collect my things... and there he was ... he politely died on the atv trail for me... 9 good scorable points... could of gone 11 with the ring hangers....I'll be back later to hunt the other buck with my bow... can't wait to see him again! I have till end of January....

btw... did a major cleaning job on gun at home later... found some small rust spots but they didn't seem like they could cause the stuck hammer... don't know what else I could of done to prevent it besides not hunting in rain or complete disassemble of gun after every hunt.... I'm usually pretty anal about my guns and use all the ML cleaning supplies or whatnot depending on which gun I'm cleaning... the really frustrating part is... my hunting buddy has a $99 walmart special ML and he never cleans it(I usually clean it when I can't stand to look at the rust anymore) but once a year and with just some WD-40.... I have a really nice TC omega that I'm meticulous about(I don't even let him touch my gun cause he also has a tenancy to knock guns over)... and my gun is the one with a failure! his is perfectly fine! grrrr!

also... for those of you on one buck states... In Maryland you can take 2 bucks each season, as in 2 during bow , 2 during ML, 2 during General firearms... with the 2nd buck in the season after shooting 2 does that season and purchasing a bonus antlered tag... so thats 6 bucks if ur lucky...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic wont upload for some reason...

·
Registered
PSE Spyder, PSE Chaos, Barnett Recruit
301 Posts
Congrats, looking forward to the pictures.
:tea:

I have been going out with my Muzzleloader as well for the last week (when not working) I already have a small doe in freezer right now, but hoping for some more before season closes January 4th.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

here we go

1 - 7 of 7 Posts