Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Speed Fiend
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished. Pulling it is like doing heavy one armed rows, but still so smooth (love Evolve cams).

Plant Tree Branch Wood Trunk

Fluid Measuring instrument Gas Temperature Electronic device

Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device Number

• Bow: 2021 EVL34 (EC cam), w/Bomar Axles, TAP rod and HL mods
  • DL: 30"
  • DW: 90#
  • Arrow: BE X-Impact 200sp. TAW 505 grains
  • Chrono: 309FPS

There are some good guys on this forum Special thanks to @RavinHood , @Breathn , @nuts&bolts , @MIKEY CUSTOM-G and @IVhunter

Now the 3 month wait for the start of the season ...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yep, 90 #'s is way too much for these old bones. I do 60 with Evolve cams. I love this cam, and I loved my DNA but not the CC cams, so with string help from John's Custom Archery, an EC cam conversion worked out great. My NTN is still too new but it might just put my DNA in the back seat on hunting trips this year.
Ches.

Reactions: GrainofPain

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice rig, for sure.

Question: why not just roll an 80lb xpedite? Just as smooth, same speeds as that 90lb, healthier on those shoulder joints.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Was curious. Didn't know if there was some reason other than that. I'm all about me some projects, so do your thing 😀

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Thanks. I already had the EVL. There are definitely faster setups out there, I'm not even using low let off mods with this.
It’s all a matter of perspective: from the outside looking in, people can’t understand; from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it to them. People have limiting beliefs and mantras that make 90 #’s seem unattainable— it’s not. I enjoy shooting 90 more than 80, 70, 60, and 50. My rig might not be as fast as some of the newer speed options, but it’s smooth and power refined, and there’s an addictive quality to the experience that 90 pounds provides. It’s not about ego, it’s more about pure enjoyment. If I loose an arrow at 90, I get a bigger internal giggle than I do at 70, and I have way more fun. Some people can’t single arm row a 90# dumbbell, and they should sit the experience out. Those who can should only draw 90 if they’re prepared to have the most fun they’ve ever had shooting a bow, and that’s too scary for some people to fathom. That’s why archery is an individual sport. OP, I’m glad you found something that drives you. Nice rig!

·
Registered
Speed Fiend
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s all a matter of perspective: from the outside looking in, people can’t understand; from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it to them. People have limiting beliefs and mantras that make 90 #’s seem unattainable— it’s not. I enjoy shooting 90 more than 80, 70, 60, and 50. My rig might not be as fast as some of the newer speed options, but it’s smooth and power refined, and there’s an addictive quality to the experience that 90 pounds provides. It’s not about ego, it’s more about pure enjoyment. If I loose an arrow at 90, I get a bigger internal giggle than I do at 70, and I have way more fun. Some people can’t single arm row a 90# dumbbell, and they should sit the experience out. Those who can should only draw 90 if they’re prepared to have the most fun they’ve ever had shooting a bow, and that’s too scary for some people to fathom. That’s why archery is an individual sport. OP, I’m glad you found something that drives you. Nice rig!
Well said brother. What are you shooting?

·
Full Time Novice
9,530 Posts

there are more efficient rigs for the power produce. if i have a 70 out perform a 90 im not pulling back 90 lbs personally.

personally think its scary sold and built several EVL 32 in 90#.

im noticing once one goes above 80# efficiency begins to decline

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well said brother. What are you shooting?
I did a RKT cam swap on a Hoyt Maxxis 35 DG with 90# limbs, #2 cams at 29” DL, and it’s peak weight has settled into 96.5#’s after the strings stretched. Was pulling 98.2 when I first got it back. I usually shoot it between 87-90, as 1 limb bolt turn equals 3 pounds of draw weight. So I ended up with a bow that ranges from 75-96, and it’s perfect in every way. Great valley, 75% let off, about 22#’s holding weight, and I shoot it better than all the other bows I own. It’s a flat shooting tack driver, and it throws 600-900 grain arrows exceptionally well. Great times all around!

·
Registered
Speed Fiend
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did a RKT cam swap on a Hoyt Maxxis 35 DG with 90# limbs, #2 cams at 29” DL, and it’s peak weight has settled into 96.5#’s after the strings stretched. Was pulling 98.2 when I first got it back. I usually shoot it between 87-90, as 1 limb bolt turn equals 3 pounds of draw weight. So I ended up with a bow that ranges from 75-96, and it’s perfect in every way. Great valley, 75% let off, about 22#’s holding weight, and I shoot it better than all the other bows I own. It’s a flat shooting tack driver, and it throws 600-900 grain arrows exceptionally well. Great times all around!
That sounds like a blast. I'm definitely going to do another high poundage build

·
Full Time Novice
9,530 Posts
I've got 2 of them. Shoots 300fps at 555 grains and 279fps 655 grains, at 30". It would be cool to see what a 90lber could do. Or maybe one with E2 cams...

e2 cam wont fit. I personally dont think the E2 is better outside of an effeciency stand point. ive got an 85# xpedite. i wouldnt mind a 90# but tough to find a limb for this bow

1 - 20 of 73 Posts