Archery Talk Forum banner

90 Meter Arrow Preference

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Brown Hornet 
#1 ·
I am seriously considering shooting a 90 meter competition within the next month. I have never done it, and have never been to one. I was wondering what arrows are popular in the 90M compound division. I am still researching the rules, and haven't found a minimum weight on the arrows, but did find a maximum diameter for FITA competition. I need all the insight I can get at this point. Any advice from 90M shooters would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kent

#2 ·
Some of the most popular, ACE's, X-10's, Navigators, and Cartel Triples. I have been shooting ACC's and they are ok but you will at a bit of disadvantage in the wind. Wouldn't recomend any fat shaft arrows.

At 90 meters it's all about being skinny with a good amount of weight in the points. I'm testing Cartel Triples with 110gr points. So far, so good!

#4 ·
Thanks Steve

I love this forum, there is a wealth of information and experience to be found here. I have a lot of questions about 90 meter shooting, but I'm sticking to one at a time for now. If there is anybody out there willing to take a newbie under their wing and start them out right, pm me, I'd like to talk directly to anybody experienced in this sort of competition. My experience has been indoor and 3D so far, but I would like to expand my horizons.

Thanks
Kent

#6 ·
all the arrows that STeveFSA said about are a good choice,if you have any kind of strong wind the lower profile of these arrows will give you an advantage.i wouldn't use aliminiums at that range in competition.if you have acc's they will be okay,i use them at that range unless there is a strong side wind.when i first started shooting at that distance,i would start at the distance i was used to and then walk back till i was shooting 90 mtrs.that way i got use to it and got my sight marks set up properly as well.hope you enjoy the shoot it makes a change to 20 yards indoors.

#8 ·
Been testing the Cartels for a couple of days now. Shot them at 90 and 70m today. Calm conditions. I'm getting very good groups and I think they will work fine. I'm using the Triple points which some have said the durability isn't that great so time will tell with these. The points are inexpensive so I bought a few extra for replacements if I have trouble.

The Triples are around $145 dozen, Navigators $185, ACE $263, and X10's $340. Just to give you an idea of prices on bare shafts.

#14 ·
I have been shooting Redlines for a long time (I got my first doz. a few weeks after they came out). I have shot some very good groups with them at 80 yds ( 15 X's in a row, 5 shot groups all were touching). But I would not shoot them for FITA and I am very high on them. I think they are great 3-D shafts and great for the avg field shooter (under 530). But they are not a FITA shaft I wuld try the new Vectors they are made just like the Redlines but are alot thinner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.