Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was of the understanding that the ArcheryDesignz Draw board would fit into the rectangular tubing of the Pac-Press. I ordered the drawboard but the rectangular pieces are to big to fit in the horizontal tubing of the press. What am I missing? Are they not compatiable? Is there a work around?

In addition, I cannot seem to figure out how to press my Elite bows with draw stops with Pac-Press (92Safari) I see the indentations for the drawstops but If I put my bow in the press, it would press on the cams instead of the limb. I have been using press by removing stops but that is inconvenient at best. Have to keep a post it reminding me to put draw stops back in. I assume I must be missing something here too.

Thanks, lots to learn.
Cwolfe

· Registered
1,153 Posts
I think archerydesignz use to make 2 different draw boards. One for the lca press and one for the 92 safari press. I haven't seen the 92safari ones on his website in awhile. Not sure if he quit making them or what.

· Registered
12,604 Posts
I would contact archery dezigns, I am sure he can make you the correct size piece if you give him the measurements.
you would only need the brackets cause they bolt on to the piece that holds the crank, and the piece that holds the bow.
when I ordered mine, I gave him the dimensions of my tube for my 92safari press (mine is the inline press he makes).

I would try contacting him first, another option would be to take a bench grinder if you have one and take come metal off the brackets so they will slide in.
I wouldn't be afraid to do that, but like I said, I would contact him first, because it is kind of a custom thing he does for the 92safari presses. there have been some slight variations in them over the years.

· Registered
12,604 Posts
the fingers on the press, flip them over, if you have fingers like mine, they are basically, 2 sets of fingers in 1.
on one end, there is a hook, the other end is shaped more like say a knife. you flip 2 of the fingers upside down, on the same side as your draw stops, that way you don't have to remove them.
the end that is more like a knife, that is the side you want where your draw stop is gonna be. one side of the bow limb will be using the hook side pressing the limb (the non draw stop side) and the other side will be using the knife shaped. just flip the 2 fingers on the outside of the press closest to you when pressing the bow upside down from how they are currently.

· YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,436 Posts
You should told me you need it for 92Safari press. I have the adapters but I don't know why it's not on my website. Will fix that up in couple of days. I need customers photos cause I don't own the press. Send me a message and I will replace the adapters for you.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for all the help. That really helps.
Outsider, I will send you a PM re: adapter replacement.
Your ArcheryDesignz draw board attachment is a beautiful piece of equipment. I am excited about getting it set up on my press.

Cwolfe

· (aka lug nut)
54,875 Posts
In addition, I cannot seem to figure out how to press my Elite bows with draw stops with Pac-Press (92Safari) I see the indentations for the drawstops but If I put my bow in the press, it would press on the cams instead of the limb. I have been using press by removing stops but that is inconvenient at best. Have to keep a post it reminding me to put draw stops back in. I assume I must be missing something here too.

Thanks, lots to learn.
Cwolfe

Standard configuration for the 92Safari fingers. Notice that ONE of the fingers is double-ended. Take apart the assembly (unwind the knob, pull the cotter pins, and flip the two sided finger upside down).

Hooked finger is now on the bottom. Whacked off end (no hook at the end), is now on top. This way, the draw stop stays in place on the cam.

My draw stop is in a spot on the slot, where the "HOOK" would get in the way, so I flipped that double ended finger, upside down, so the "draw stop" finger is up on top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.