Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
fob

They are great for homemade targets so you don't mangle vanes. If your arrow penetrates the fob and nock pops off. Now for the downside. This is personal impression only, no instruments used. They are louder than the stock plastic vanes on my goldtips. There is a whizzing sound the vanes don't make. If you go to the website testimonials one guy recommended filing the leading edge down to quiet them, and suggested the manufacturer taper that edge. I am still happy I bought em but my broadheads are still on the plastic vane arrows due to the percieved whizz I hear with the fob. Again no science here. Try a set for your arrows you've been meaning to refletch when you get around to it. I would be interested in your perception of the noise level.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definately will, thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a few...

I found they only made noise when I beat them up. New out of the pack they were pretty quiet... And well they go pretty straight as well.

Coll

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
FOB Noise

FYI only…

We just released the new FOB Gen II. All edges have full radius and the feedback so far has been very good. Much less noise but more important even better performance. The old FOB would fly as flat as a 4" fletch. The new FOB is a fast as a 3" fletch with the performance of a 4" heavy helical.

Not trying to sell, just wanted folks to know that we are taking the feedback from our customers and improving the product.

If there are any questions, I would be glad to respond.

Regards,

Paul Morris, president
StarrFlight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts