Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older Toxonics single pin sight, I'm OK with that. I'm just looking for a brighter pin. My sight has 3/16th slots. I'll be limiting myself to shots 25 yds. and under(30 at the most). My current pin is green. What color seems the brightest and what dia. might seem better suited for an application such as this? Feel free to give a suggestion?

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
how much older my dad had a bunch of toxonice replacements they are pretty big like. 60 which i mean you can cover the deers kill zone probly

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
try some yellow

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I prefer the green, it works best for me, with red a close second.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I agree, green has always seemed best for me.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Green is good. Always seems brighter to me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK green seems to be the consensus. What about pin diameter ideas? Or maybe a good aftermarket pin(tritium or what)? What about getting some bright fiber and making a mod on the pin?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I like green and red. My old eyes if in sunlight have a bad time with yellow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Green will be your best bet as it is the color of light most easily detected by the human eye. You will notice that industry takes advantage of that very phenomena. Green laser pointers "look" brighter for the same output power than red or blue, the new rage in green light for headlamps, and look how easy it is to see a green traffic light even when the sun is glaring right in your eyes..

BTW, green does not preserve nightvision, it is a take by industry playing on the green aura of NVG. It affects your eyes just as white light. Red is the only frequency that preserves your night adjustment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts