Archery Talk Forum banner

A/C/C Pro?

445 5
Which size ACC pro do I need. I'm shooting 27.5" draw @70lbs w/probably a 27" shaft and 100gr. heads? Thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Easton guide says 390's, but you may need to go down to 340's if you're shooting a speed bow---they like a bit stiffer shaft. This selection in based on single or hard cam bow.

· Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

Eastons chart is a little stiff try the 440's they should be fine I am shooting the a Hoyt AM 32 29 inch draw 71 lbs of draw weight100 gr. shuttle t. lock and g-5 striker and montec they all shoot great for me and I am shooting 390's and getting great broadhead flight so far I have only been able to shoot them out to 50 yds. and they are sweet. This definnetly the time of year to figure it out. Bear and Turkey season is right around the corner. Here in Idaho. :shade::shade::shade: I am wondering why you are shooting such a long arrow because my over all arrow length is 27.75 from the nock groove to the end of the arrow. Is it because you are trying to get your arrow weight up or is your rest really close to your riser. I am shooting a fallaway rest.

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm shooting a Mathews HDII Conv. rest. My old arrows were set up at 26 1/4", but my draw lenght is now 27.5" with this bow, so they won't work. I tried them by just drawing one back and the field point was all the way back on the rest...not a comforting thought with a 100gr Slick Trick Mag...haha. So I figured I'd go up to at least 26 1/2" or possibly 26 3/4", but those sizes are listed on the Easton chart under the 27" shaft.

BTW...what's the G.P.I. on the 390s and 440s?

My other option is reg. A/C/Cs in probably a 3-49, or all carbon Eastons in a 400 spine. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep speed up as much as possible, but would also like to stay with Easton arrows...just a personal preference.

Thanks

· Registered
739 Posts
I'm shooting a Mathews HDII Conv. rest. My old arrows were set up at 26 1/4", but my draw lenght is now 27.5" with this bow, so they won't work. I tried them by just drawing one back and the field point was all the way back on the rest...not a comforting thought with a 100gr Slick Trick Mag...haha. So I figured I'd go up to at least 26 1/2" or possibly 26 3/4", but those sizes are listed on the Easton chart under the 27" shaft.

BTW...what's the G.P.I. on the 390s and 440s?

My other option is reg. A/C/Cs in probably a 3-49, or all carbon Eastons in a 400 spine. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep speed up as much as possible, but would also like to stay with Easton arrows...just a personal preference.

Thanks

http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/product/57

A/C/C® Pro Hunting Series
More | TruSpecs | ST | HP | A/C (Alloy/Carbon) | Carbon Core | Easy Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straightness: ± .002
Weight tolerance: ± .05
Black, micro-smooth 9-micron finish
High-strength carbon fiber bonded to a precision 7075 alloy core

Alloy Shaft and Component Specifications
size shaft weight spine span stock length nock insert rps point broadhead adapter ring
Grains Deflection in Inches Inches Grains Grains O.D. Inches Size (3 grains)
300 10.4 .300 33" 9 HP-3 9/32 BAR6
340 9.7 .340 32 1/2" 9 HP-3 9/32 BAR6
390 8.9 .390 32" 9 HP-2 9/32 BAR6
440 8.4 .440 31 1/2" 9 HP-2 9/32 BAR5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.