Archery Talk Forum banner

A/C/C vs. CE Maxima

500 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  BowKil
I have easton a/c/c 's at the moment I am about to buy some more arrows. I was looking at the Carbon Express Maximas. Are the any better than the A/C/C? Is there a design difference between the two? Not sure if I should get more Easton A/C/C or try the CE maximas:confused:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Before you shell out the money take a good look at the Axis FMJ in the camo version if you want a hunting arrow. They bend just like the ACC's but they sure pull out of the targets easier. I used to shoot ACC's but, switched to the FMJ's after they came out with a camo shaft. I'm real happy with them. They are pretty tuff also.

JM2C

· Registered
1,101 Posts
acc

Before you shell out the money take a good look at the Axis FMJ in the camo version if you want a hunting arrow. They bend just like the ACC's but they sure pull out of the targets easier. I used to shoot ACC's but, switched to the FMJ's after they came out with a camo shaft. I'm real happy with them. They are pretty tuff also.

JM2C
i have good luck with my acc.i shoot the 3-49.the axis is a good arrow as well.its just like a bow,shooter preference.cant go wrong either way

· Registered
2,179 Posts
ACCs are hard to beat for target or hunting. Very consistent, tough, and I personally like the g-nocks. I switched to CE Maxima Hunters last year and went back to my ACCs this year. I have 8 or so left if you decide you want to try them that I would sell.

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
Funny you should ask this question! I've been using 3-49 A/c/c's for 10 years and love them (cut at 27", 100gr tip, 3-3" r/w feathers). Every year, I go and buy a dozen of the "latest and greatest" carbons that hit the market. But I always end you using my trusty A/c/c's. Mostly because thay have proven to be more accurate than anything else I've shot them against. Plus Easton arrow components (inserts, uni-bushing, g-nocks) seem to be of higher quality. The A/c/c's are usually a bit slower, but usually more consistant in the accuracy department. Well, last week I did it again. I bought a dozen of CE Maxima 250's cut them at 27" and fletched them with 3-2" Blazers. I started "running them thru the wringer" this past Wed and Thur from 20 yds out to 60 yds., side by side with my A/c/c's. First off, the CE's are 30grs lighter then the A/c/c's at the same length. 243gr v 273gr. +/-, and Thru my chrony, are roughtly 10 fps faster +/-. They seem to fly fine and are right up there in accuracy, but the A/c/c's still seem to be just a tad more accurate, holding more consistant, tighter groups. With 100gr Muzzys, TH's, and Spitfires, the fly fine. Some adjustment, not much, was needed with the fixed blades to get them to hit with my FP's. But the Spitfires were dead on out to 40 yds. I still haven't decided if I'm going to use the CE's this season of not, but tomorrow and Tuesday I plan on spending several more hours each day shooting them to make that determination. I just hate changing arrows and broadheads when what I've been using has worked so well in the past and proven themselves time and time again. After all, it's the arrow (and broadhead) that does the dirty work...:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.