Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am wanting to get arrows to shoot at both indoor and outdoor tournaments and am not sure about what to get.
I am a bow hunter and in the past have shot my hunting shafts at tournaments and want to step up my equipment a little bit.

I shoot:
-Hoyt Spyder turbo : 60-70 lbs
-Currently shoot Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575

I have narrowed it down to Easton's A/C/G or A/C/E shafts but aren't quite sure of the differences between the two other than what Easton has on their web site.

-A/C/E : Guaranteed straightness: ± .0015” Weight tolerance: ± 0.5 grains

-A/C/G : Guaranteed straightness: ± .002” Weight tolerance: ± 1.0 grains

Are these differences worth the extra $100 or so for the A/C/E?

Also since I have shot nothing but hunting arrows I know nothing about the glue in tips and knocks that go along with these target arrows.

Any Help is appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ace are barreled like the x10 and pro field. Acg are straight. I shoot the acg with a 110 tip and love them!! They shoot real well in the wind too! The extra 100 in my opinion is because the ace are barreled. Acg shoot great for a 100 less. They can take a beating to!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I use to shoot the ACE's, but gave up trying to get bales to stop them. All the ranges around here use press hay bales with heavy rubber mat hanging on the back. I'd spend so much time getting the points out of the mats. Also, if the 3-D targets are a little shot up, they will pass thru. I only shot them at about 300fps. Just my .02

·
Lowered expectations
15,648 Posts
What kind of outdoor tournaments? Target and field, or mostly 3D?

ACGs would not be a bad choice for field or long distance target shoots, but not great for 3D.

If you're looking for a decent indoor/3D arrow, try something in a 23 series, like CX CXLPro or Easton Fatboy or GT UL22 or similar from another manufacturer.

If you're looking for a decent indoor/outdoor field/target arrow, it doesn't exist. You want a large arrow for indoors or 3D but a thin arrow for outdoor target.

If you do want to compromise on an all-around arrow, what you have already is as good as you're going to get.

And if you are firm on either ACE or ACG, I'd go with the ACG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.