Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a while but had a question or two. I put my bow down several years ago when we had kids and now that I'm ready to pick it back up again I'd like to get a set of strings for it. So the questions are, I'm shooting a Mathews HeliM and in the picture What is the thing nearest the cam? I assume its some sort of speed nock but there is no information on it as far as manufacturer or anything else. I'd like to have the same thing on the new strings, is that something that needs to be put on by the string maker or by the tech when he installs the strings? Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yeah, looks like a speed nock.
If you order JBK bow strings (which I recommend) you'll have to purchase those separately and he will put them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention that they seem larger in diameter than regular brass speed nocks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Speed nocks with a monkey tail. Most bows today come with speed nocks from the factory. Many string builders here on AT will install them for you for an extra charge. I've used Catfish Customs and Vapor Trail. The monkey tails can bought separately and installed by you or you could ask your string builder to install it if you don't want to buy a whole pack.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
Those can be slid of the old string. Measure where they are at on the old string and use a cotter key to put on the new string then serve above and below it. Or see if your new string can be built with them on.

·
Registered
296 Posts
it's called a string grub, you can slide it off old string and put in on new string as mentioned above

1 - 7 of 7 Posts