Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share a postive and negative experiences I have encountered in my shooting.

I have nothing BUT good to say about Pappas in Arena,WI. Fantastic Service, extreamly clean facility and staff. Shooting lanes are lit very well,and the pricing is very reasonable. A+ experience, and I go there at least once a week just to shoot, and its more than worth the 1hr and 15 min drive from my house I MUST add.

On the negative note. The wife and I thought we would try her first 3d shoot at a place neither of us have been to. Name is Buck Rub Archery. The gloomyness began as soon as we turned into their parking lot. Their website stated they had 15,000sq ft of "nothin but archery". Pictures on their website honestly looked like a very "upy" place. SO we parked. The building was a rustic log building that needed much TLC. as we walked to the "main door" we noticed a stack of worn out 3d targets. and by worn out, i mean it looks like slugs had went through them lol. And the buling was maybe 3,000 sqft at best. So we walked in and it was dark, and poorly maintained. They had fantaisic deer on the wall that were at an adults reach with an excessive amount of dust on each and every one. The journy progressed to the "pro shop" of 1 wall of dusty packaged archery accesories. Did not take us long to relize there was nothing there worth buying. Now its time to shoot. We watched a few rounds of other people shoot and noticed it was 40 yards of dark, shot to crap 3d targets. Now I am all for the youger group getting into archery but the line needs to be drawn. There were 2 girls, maybe 8 years old shooting youth bows with no arrow rest, and no sight, Shooting some like soft looking blunt tips. so as I watched them shoot next to their father (who was shooting a rocking setup) The girls were litteraly knocking the arrow, and randomly shooting in the air. Yea, nobody was in harm, but on the same note, if you are going to get the kids into it, atleast teach them something. So as many of you know, you cant retreive your arrows until everyone has shot. So now im thining why am I going to pay by the hour to try and make adjustments on my bow, while I cant shoot at my normal fast pace to get my moneys worth. So the wife and I left without even taking the bows out of the case. That was a 45 min drive from our home, and that put us about a half hour from the Cabelas. So we made a possitive end to a bad experience by going to cabelas and buying some Camo lol.

Sorry that was so long guys, But I know that if the person who reads this spends 5 min reading this, they wont have to waste time driving there.

:darkbeer:

·
shhhh.. slow down
9,409 Posts
I live near there, actually bought a Z7 from them at one point. They are pretty dumb there but I didnt know much better at the time. They wont custom order any bows for you color wise, wont do D loops for some reason and set people up with arrows that are generally too weak for their setup.

On the other hand if you want to shoot in that area, go here.

http://www.whaletalesarchery.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts