Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bow and arrow Bow
wanted to post a few more of this 1 just because I love the rose wood on this thing
Wood Bow and arrow Carving Bow

has 2 small holes in the riser which im gonna take care of when the weather permits... the limbs look really nice... should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well... weather finally broke good enough to shoot it today... its a little loud with a 387 g arrow but has really nice arrow flight. hitting ctr of the bag target at 30 yds... yep, im impressed. tried the brace height @ 7 7/8 in. seemed a bit too loud... closed it up to 7 3/8 in and theres a noticeable difference.. its both a little quieter and a little faster. I was shooting with a long sleeve shirt and no arm guard.. there was no string slap at all... when I get a bow that holds a short b.h and don't slap me...I know the grip area was well designed and is 1 way I distinguish a great design from a bow that has to be babied to shoot.

its plenty fast enough with this arrow weight, but I think it can stand a little more and still deliver a quick 30 yd strike... its nice to know that it is possible with this bow. that's all the range id ever care to try on big game.
itll probably be ok at 35-40 yds, but itd only be for practice.

btw .. the bow is very comfortable for me.. with its specs... im drawing 29 ins and no stacking. I can hold anchor with out any distraction plenty long enough to get on target.

in a word.. 9 outta 10... minus 1 for being a bit loud.... ill get it quieter. damon howatt sure new a thing or 2.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
My first "real" bow is a Howatt Hi-Speed that I bought new in '69 It's all camo-painted and has a few holes in the riser for sight, etc. Killed my first buck with it but now it's way too much for my old shoulders--but I'm not letting go of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.