Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my twin set of Pearson Venoms for about a month now (THANKS Monofletch!!!) both of them are 65% letoff 29"/70#, both are set up with Copper John Dead Nuts, Whisker Biscuit Deluxes, Sims S-Coil stabs, and wrist slings. If you do a search on Venom you will find some of my prior reports.

Spent a BUNCH of time the last few weeks shooting and tuning them in for the upcoming deer season opener shooting Gold Tip XT 5575's with 100 grain tips.

#1) This bow performs best at the maxed out limb weight. I've had both of mine from 55# to 71# and without a doubt it performs best at 71#, I thought I would hunt with them at 65# but found this bow is MUCH better at 70#.

#2) This is the quietest, most shock free bow I've EVER shot. I've tried it with and without about 5 different stabs and it just doesn't seem to be any difference. I really feel like the only thing my S-Coil is doing is holding on the wrist sling.

#3) Shot it a bunch without a stab and wrist sling and the bow wants to rock forward and down with my open handed grip so I need to keep the wrist sling on.

#4) A front mount STS DOES NOT work well with the Venom. I mounted it up ALL kinds of ways and it just does not work well with the high BH the Venom has. The bend in the STS is too far forward for it to work well. I mounted it on the left and right of the grip and just can't find a good mounting for it.

#5) Shot 5 different arrows out of it over the last few weeks and still feel the Gold Tip XT 5575 are the most accurate out of it.

#6) It is very flat shooting and fast (averaging 283.2FPS at 71#). It is a one pin shooter out to 29 yards. And I can shoot a pie plate with one pin out to 47 yards. I only hunt deer to about 25 yards out of the treestand so I feel VERY good with this bow and one pin.

#7) My son and I went to our archery club this morning and shot a 14 target field round. This little 31" bow with 3 pins, no peep, and a d-loop shot a 260.
I'm not much of a comp shooter but I thought that was pretty good???? Yes/No

#8) Have found no need to add limbsavers to it yet but they are on their way and I'll be adding them in the future,

I've had a BUNCH of bows over the last few years (100+) have shot all the BIG NAMES and I feel I'll be shooting these Pearson Venoms for a long time!!!!

I suggest everybody that is looking for a brand new 2005 bow for a GREAT price (about $350.00 shipped) get ahold by way of PM MoNofletch here on AT he'll hook you up with a GREAT hunting bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clint

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
what cam is on that? it looks like the Z-5. how much d/l can you get out of it?
thanks
bryan

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
It is a Z-4! It can go from 26-31" and 65 or 75% ley off. Very agressive can and even MORE agressive riser!---Mono

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a twin set of Venoms and all I can say about them is WOW!!!! I've been shooting the 2 of them for about a month and I'm more impressed everytime on my backyard range. Both are set up with Copper John camo 3 pins, Whisker Biscuit Deluxe QS's, S-Coil stabs. I thought I was ready with these setups but I have messed with the other one a bit more. I recently added NAP split limb Thunderblox, a front mount STS, and a Fletcher Peep to the one. I was shooting well with both of them without a peep but decided to add a peep to the one to see if I could tighten my groups. I sure did tighten them up!!!! Yesterday I fletched 3 Gold Tip 7595's with 3- 4 inch feathers to see if they flew a little better than the 5575 XT's I was using (I'm shooting at 71#), stepped out the garage this morning went to my 30 yard line and Robin hooded on the 2nd shot and the 3rd arrow scuffed right down the side of the 1st arrow.

This bow in my opinion is the most shockfree, quietest, quick short ATA bow I've ever owned. I've had a BUNCH of bows in the last 4 or 5 years (100+) and I just love these little Pearsons. I recently videotaped myself to see my shooting form. All you can hear is the arrow hitting the target, nothing at release, I mean no sound at all on the vidoe tape.

For the price of these bows you can buy 2 of them for the price of one of the big 3 bows and have just as good or better performance!!!! I'm VERY VERY happy with mine

Clint

Attachments

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Gitzitfish
Great report. I have been thinking about one of these for awhile now. Can't afford right now but sometime.

Would like to add this though. I have a 2002 60# Pearson Piranha. It has always been very quite. I recently tried an S-coil and it didn't make much if any diffence either. Peason bows are just quite and well made. I did put a Whisker Biscuit QS on and it got rid of the last little bit of noise more than anything else. No kidding guys...I would put this bow up against any for silence. My friends can't believe it.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
broadheads?

Just wondering if you have shot broadheads with the bow yet, and if so, how did they tune? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I've shot several different BH's out of it with 3 different arrow setups. I've shot Thunderhead 100 and 125's out of it which flew just fine but I'd get an occasional weird flier that I couldn't explain. I am a recent buyer of 100 grain Slick Tricks. I assembled 4 BH's, threaded them into 4 Gold Tip XT 5575's, spun test them and they spun true with zero wobble. Took 2 out to the practice range, let's just say after shooting them for a few weeks now I don't dare try to group shoot the Slick Trick bh's unless I want to ruin some arrows. I had to change nothing to my rest to get them to shoot at the same point of impact as my field points. They are accurate and fly true for me. I've been practicing with them out to 60 yards, with Thunderheads I'd really be lucky to hit my 3-d deer from 60 yards, with the Slicks I can hit a pie plate everytime on my block target at 60 yards. From real hunting yardage of 20 to 25 yards from the ground and from my backyard practice ladderstand they are spot on accurate. And they put a mighty nasty slice in the block and 3-d deer so I'm quite sure they are going to put a major slice in some deer rib bones come Oct. 1st :)

Clint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts