Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all you bowhunters out there,

For those of you who hunt in stands, or hunt in blinds, at the end of the night how do you get out of your stand without busting yourself?

I was sitting Saturday evening, enjoying the 30 mile an hour gusts when a couple nice does came in for some quality time. They came in around 7:15 and were still there at 8 when I started to lower my gear. They finally noticed something amiss when my pack and bow hit the ground, and took off running.

The question really is how do I encourage the does to leave the area without spooking them and setting up the possibility that they will begin to know my stand location? What is the best way, other than waiting them out.

Thanks,

DW

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
tricky situation............

in the past ive usually 'waited' them out which may possibly mean being on stand a lot longer than intended (good to let others know that this might be a possibility).

when its pitch black..............i dont think they quite know what "romping" around in the tree.

ive even serioiusly considered bringing along my HS palmer hoot tube for making an owl noise. just havent done it yet.

good luck.

camoham

1 - 2 of 2 Posts