Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alpine Archery has released a 7 arrow Version of the Sof Loc Bow Quiver

I have Had mine is the five arrow model for 3 or 4 year and it great It like adding SIMS LIMB SAVERS to your bow

Western Hunters, elk Hunters, and hog hunter will appreciate the 7 arrow feature

It allows the stalking bowhunter to carry a Judo or blunt for small game & varmints.

With 3,4, & 5 arrow bowquivers, you don't carry a blunt or Judo arrow.

I hear they come in 4 or 5 camo patterns, as if it really matters.

Anyway its elk time and two more arrow could prevent a long walk back to the truck.

Hoyt, based in Utah had it right, and used to make 9 arrow bowquivers.

Fred bear developed and patented the bowquiver.

On long stalks and goat hikes, I like a full bowquiver and a Rancho Safari Cat Quiver on my back.

Good idea who time has come.

I still think the Sof Loc Alpine Bowquiver is the best on the market

Tink

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I personally have 2 of the Martin 2 piece, 8 arrow quivers and love 'em!!!! I used to use the 4 arrow ones but wanted to carry a couple of judo's to the stand with me just for the squirrels that frequented my feeder and kept tearing it up!!!!

The more the merrier!!!!!

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
willie said:
You miss that much??
If you hunt long enough, you will have one of those once in a lifetime weird set of events happen to you in the woods, and you'll need every last arrow you have. I would have never believed it was possible to need that many arrows either until I had a day like that myself a few years back. I crunched two with my treestand, dropped one from my stand, missed a buck, hit a buck and then used my last one to finish the deer off. Also, pigs etc you can shot more than one per day. It can happen, better be prepared.

I look forward to meeting you in IL Tink!

·
Premium Member
17,587 Posts
Dittos

Meleagris1 said:
If you hunt long enough, you will have one of those once in a lifetime weird set of events happen to you in the woods, and you'll need every last arrow you have. I would have never believed it was possible to need that many arrows either until I had a day like that myself a few years back. I crunched two with my treestand, dropped one from my stand, missed a buck, hit a buck and then used my last one to finish the deer off. Also, pigs etc you can shot more than one per day. It can happen, better be prepared.

I look forward to meeting you in IL Tink!
Last year I found out why Kwikee calls their 3 arrow quiver the Kwik-3. Because you run out of arrows real quick! :D
I shot at a squirrel and 2 turkeys and was out of bullets for deer and was 1 & 1/2 miles away from the truck.

I have also had a morning a few years ago when I shot a doe at first light. While I was giving her time to expire, I had an 8 ptr come by. I shot at him but he jumped the string and got away. Five minutes later a coyote came by on the same trail and I shot but he turned inside out at the sound of the shot and scampered off. At the time, I was using a Martin 2-peice 5 arrow quiver so that left me with 1 more broadhead and 1 field point.

You just know when you will need extra arrows.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Thanks for the info tink. Are they going to make one taht can hold teh axis arrows better. Mine was alway loose.

WHere were you guys last week, I ran a poll on whether you should carry 4 or 6 arrows, and almost everyone said you need no more than 3. But Mel, you are right, if you spend enough time in the woods, you will have days where you use every single arrow in the quiver... hopefully not all on the same deer.

But I would rather be prepared in the event that I do miss then be the tough guy who says "I don't need more than 3 arrows" and doesn't have any when the monster buck walks by.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At Last A Great 7 Arrow Bow Quiver

Hi, This Is My First Post. I'm New To Archery Talk - Looks
Like My Kind Of Place. I Especially Enjoy Tink's Articles. Keep
Up The Good Work.

I Have An Old Stock Of 7 Arrow, X Ring Quivers In Advantage (timber) Camo. They Are Quick Release And Very Cheap For Those
That Don't Want To Invest A Lot Of Money In Them. I Usually
Use Two - One For My Hunting Arrow And One For My Practice
Arrow - That Way I Don't Have To Go Through The Trouble Of
Changing Them. In Fact, We Put One On Ebay This Morn.

Thanks; John Lewis

Hoyt National Shooting Team
Easton Shooting Staff
Hoyt Pro Tech
Sugarcreek Archery Pro Shop
Custom Made Po Cedar Arrows
And Custom Made Strings/cables

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is Mine

Here is mine Love it

Has improved arrow grippers that grab and hold skinny new Shafts like AXIS & BLACK MAXX

Photos so with and without the Rancho Safari Fletch Bonnet by Jerry Gentinelli from Ramona Calif

We have both ran out of arrows with 5 arrow & 6 arrow models.

Wish they made an 8 arrow BQ so I could carry a Judo afield
TINK

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thanks !

This will be my next archery purchase! Never can have too many arrows :D ***** Happens and will while hunting ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
3 Arrow Quivers Are Great For Whitetail Hunters Sitting In A Tree All Day. I Know, I Used To Be One Before I Moved Out West. I Hunt Elk, Deer (mulie And Blk Tail) Bear And Cougar As Well As Grouse And Coyote Pretty Much In One Sitting. Out West The More Arrows The Better. Especially For 3 0r 4 Day Back Country Hikes In The High Country. Its Not A Matter Of Being A Bad Shot Or Not. You'll Be Happy To Have 7 Or 8 Arrows When Your 12-20 Miles From Your Rig. In Addittion, It May Be Your Ticket Out In A Survival Situation.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I ALSO LOVE THE FACT THAT THE ALPINE SOF LOC 7 ARROW HAS THE EXTRA ARROW SHAFT GRABBER THINGER MABOPPER. :zip:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I hunt with the SoftLoc 7 and love it. I like the confidence of having a few backup shots and the grouse arrow to boot. When the day comes that I have a trophy buck and bull present themselves on the same day, then I am sure that I'm prepared.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I too dislike the 3 and four arrow quivers. My favorite for Africa is my old Sagitarrius (I don't know how to spell it) 16 arrow quiver. Truly a great quiver when you will be out and have no idea when you will return. On normal hunts I like an 8 arrow quiver. There is nothing worse than running out of ammo. It's just not American.

·
When's bow season start?
8,927 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

A Tink post!

Haven't seen one of them in a long time!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I saw that Keystone Country Store is selling a two-piece version of the Alpine Soft Lock. Anybody tried one?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts