Archery Talk Forum banner

661 - 680 of 905 Posts

·
Catch us if you can!
5,716 Posts
Nice rig... PSE man didn't think I'd see the day lol interested to see the comparison of numbers.

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
Nice rig... PSE man didn't think I'd see the day lol interested to see the comparison of numbers.
Never been a bow fanboy, I'm equal oppurtunity. I've owned a lot of Mathews but also Hoyt, Elite, even my first bow was a Darton and now giving this PSE a try.

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
I just did a retest of on my current MR5 tuneup with some varying weights so I'll have something to compare the Full Throttle with side by side. Didn't have anything in the 400s that would be spined properly to give accurate numbers.

MR5 29" measured draw length @ 70.2lbs

The low weight numbers are puzzling to me and far off from my testing with this bow from 2012(358gr was hitting 339fps before). The higher weight are not though. It may have something to do with the tuning being done to the high weight arrows but I really don't know. I did have a string stretch issue last summer that we retuned after so maybe that has something to do with it but everything is in spec now. The heavy weight speeds are great though.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Henro been awhile since I ran my mr5. I know my light arrows put me around that 353 mark. But I hit my 360 mark not far above 500 gn. I need to go retest myself.

·
Catch us if you can!
5,716 Posts
Henro been awhile since I ran my mr5. I know my light arrows put me around that 353 mark. But I hit my 360 mark not far above 500 gn. I need to go retest myself.
Makes me want to run mine too, never would expect a 348 out of it, awesome to see the efficiency sky rocket after 575ish

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #671
At 786 grains that's a bow mounted spear. Will you do any pentitration test, via gelatin or plywood, Henro?
If I do another penetration test it will be like my last with a real deer shoulder. IMO nothing else really predicts anything accurately.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Bad ass pair of bows you got there henro.

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Have shot both a lot and there both top notch IMHO .
Thanks man I can't wait to have the FT setup to shoot to compare. I like the feel of the PSE grip just holding it.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Henro. Yours is running a little slow

Attachments

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
Henro. Yours is running a little slow
Lol damn I'll say! Comparing your numbers if you add 25fps for 29" draw and say 2fps for 7gr more that would be roughly 245fps with my 746gr arrow. 9fps difference from mine at 236fps which would be about what I lost compared to my light arrow numbers in 2012. Wonder if the string stretching has something to do with it because the bow has been brought back into spec.

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #677
enewman what's your actual measured draw length? I had to switch to 28.5" mods recently and do some tweaking to get a true measured 29" draw. Thinking back that would slightly distort my old numbers so I don't know if they're really off from before. It was running 5/8" long.

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
I have the 26 mod then it's running just right at 26.5. Measured. I need to recheck. I tweak on my bow so much. It could be plus or minus 1/8.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Quick question, why are you guys putting IBO numbers as high as 383 and 390 into your calculator? Is that to compensate for the efficiency gain you see with heavy arrows?

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
Quick question, why are you guys putting IBO numbers as high as 383 and 390 into your calculator? Is that to compensate for the efficiency gain you see with heavy arrows?
Yes for that program you have to enter the IBO to calculate the speed so you have to enter a higher IBO to match the actual speed.

661 - 680 of 905 Posts