Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But... just found out that I might be able to get the first few weeks of archery elk next year off. Lookign for a decent OTC unit and it doesn't have to be easy walking as all going will be in very good shape. I am not asking for your secret honeyholes just something point me int he right direction. I have been all over the Colorado DOW site and am looking for more information.

Thanks in advance....

· Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am thinking of hunting the San Juan or the flat tops OTC unit. Rifle hunted near Stoner last year had to take this year off due to shoulder injury.

· Registered
5,243 Posts
Check out the San Juan's near Durango, Co. Unit 74 I believe. Sig creek camp ground. Your gunna have to put some leather to the ground to get into em once you get off the wheeler trails, but they are there.

· Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I am looking forward to getting way off the beaten path no issue there just trying to get an idea of where to go

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
It's never too early to start planning for next year IMO. I was already thinking about that on my way home on closing day. I have never hunted the San Juans, but one of these years I'm going to have to put in some scouting and take a run down there.

· Registered
18,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We hunted it for 3rd rifle last year saw a huge bull and some smaller ones, and a bunch of cows but it got warm and we were then chasing them all over.

I have been planning it looks like it is just me going so I am going to plan something a little more aggressive since I know my abilities. Never been Elk hunting with a bow but hey if its buy myself I am not going to be picky.

· Registered
5,243 Posts
Oh I am looking forward to getting way off the beaten path no issue there just trying to get an idea of where to go
If your interested in trying the Sig Creek campground area near Purgatory, shoot me a pm and I can give you some info. I was just there a few weeks ago. I've already started planning a trip to Montana next year, so your not alone on that. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.