Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new bow. I thought I had my choices down to a few. Either the Bowtech Pro 40 or a mathews LX. Then I did some reading and started to think about a Martin Cougar III with a fuzion cam. Is the martin at all in the same league as the other 2?? The speed looks close. I have a 29 inch draw also if this helps your info to me thanks.

·
Registered
788 Posts
the cougar is right there with them,if i was you though i would consider the X cam or fury cam as well.i use the X cam and i wouldn't change it for anything.it is great for tuning and it has a solid feel to it.you also wont have to worry about a cable guard and everything is straight down the middle.good shooting and shopping.

D

·
0 Posts
Liquid ICEman...

...all those you mention are good bows...at 29 inch draw speed is a non issue...with proper arrow selection you should be able to get all the speed you need:) ...

...what are you wanting to do with this bow??...Target, 3D or hunt??...or all three??...

...what will be best for you is to find some place where they let you shoot the bows and see how they feel in your hand...THAT is the way to really choose a bow!!...

...I just last night shot a BOWTECH VFT for the first time and was VERY IMPRESSED:) ...

...I own a MARTIN RAGE and LOVE it...a HOYT ULTRA TEC and LOVE it...daughter has a BOWTECH PATRIOT and when she's not looking...I like to put a few shots thru it...that too is an awesome feeling bow and a speed freak as well!!...

...there are many good fish in the archery sea...

...drop your line in the water and see what you catch:cool: ...

...good luck in your quest...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I woulduse this bow for mainly hunting with 3-D shooting once in awhile and maybe a field shoot here and there. I was looking at getting the bowtech but if I shoot the Martin and like it I could save some $$ for other things ( target,membership to local range,etc..)

D

·
0 Posts
Liquid ICEman...

...for ANY kind of Archery...choosing MARTIN as your bow selection is a good one!!...

...Those MARTIN boys have been at it for a while and seem to really know what they are doing...from engineering to customer service...they consistantly rank NUMBER 1 with their clients:cool: ...

...I too use my MARTIN for 3D as well as hunting...although it is an older model...it continues to perform flawlessly...just like the day I got it!!...

...the proof is in the shooting of these bows...and I would suggest that "if" you have the opportunity to "test drive" them...do it first before laying the GREENbacks on the counter...

...it may not change your mind...but may in fact reinforce your decision on what you spend your hard earned money on:) ...

...good luck in your quest...and in the woods!!...

>>>---DD--->;)

PS...I have the RAGE in a FUZION CAM model and couldn't be happier with it!!...it is SMOOTH, FAST and whisper QUIET!!:cool: ...I have not shot the COUGAR III(my wife has 2 COUGAR 2000'S w/FUZION, but she's a lefty!!), given the opportunity I feel the COUGAR III would make a great addition to anyone's stable;) ...

·
Registered
713 Posts
My first two bows I was foolish enough to pass up a Martin and I have been regreting it everyday.

Ever since I got my Cougar III about three weeks ago, I have to look back at those days and think to my self what kind of fool was I to turn down a Martin. After what Martin and some other AT members did for me I am dedicated to Martin for life. Nothing but Martin will come into my home. Thanks GRIV ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts