Archery Talk Forum banner

A little reminder

355 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Nomad_Archer
Don't forget to shoot each and EVERY hunting arrow to make shure it is flying right.

Last night i shot all my hunting arrows to make shure they were hitting dead on. I added a few new arrows to the quiver and got them mixed up with the one's I shot last year.

Took the good blades out of the first arrow and replace them with some old one's and shot it at 20 yds..........dead on.........again...........dead on. Marked the fletch so I knew it was checked.

Shot the second one........4" low and 1" right :eek:....................shot it again........same. :eek: Set it aside and grabbed the 3rd arrow.........dead on.........shot it again.....dead on. Went back to the arrow that wasn't hitting straight......turned the nock 120 deg............shot dead on.........again.......dead on.

Three of the 6 arrows in my quiver I had to do this with to make them hit right on.

Just a reminder...........just because one broadhead tipped arrow flyes straight doesn't mean they all will. Shoot all of them a couple of times.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
Also dont forget to sight in with the clothes you will be wearing when the buck of a lifetime shows up. Practice with hat, gloves, face mask, jacket, binos/calls around your neck just to make sure you're used to them and the added material isnt going to change you're point of impact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.