Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a new product that will help all of us bowhunters out, especially the guys who are hunting mountainous terrain. I purchased one and found that my 3rd Axis was out on my sight. A local here to Colorado, Shawn Greathouse is marketing the Easy Third Axis Level. I think its a must have for tuning and a quick check in the field if you drop your bow. Very easy to use and a quality product.

Here is the link, check it out

hamskeaarchery.com

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
A local here to Colorado, Shawn Greathouse is marketing the Easy Third Axis Level.
Any relation to Stacey?

I've been looking at this product online for a bit. I will probably go ahead and pick one up eventually. It might come in handy some day while hunting. Of course, if my sight has taken a hit hard enough to throw the 3rd Axis off, it may have bigger problems than just the third axis.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
Any relation to Stacey?

I've been looking at this product online for a bit. I will probably go ahead and pick one up eventually. It might come in handy some day while hunting. Of course, if my sight has taken a hit hard enough to throw the 3rd Axis off, it may have bigger problems than just the third axis.
Shawn is the husband of "the great ram killer". ;)

You've probably seen Shawn at some of the shoots, but without a formal introduction didn't recognize him.

This is his, Andrew Munsell (Desertrat), and Tim Gillinghams creation.

As soon as I can track one down to buy I'll have one. I'd rather get it straight from one of the guys instead of paying shipping and taxes. :D

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
Shawn is the husband of "the great ram killer". ;) I figured that was probably the case.

You've probably seen Shawn at some of the shoots, but without a formal introduction didn't recognize him. I'm sure I haven't recognized lots of people. I could spend a weekend with most of the TV hunters and not even know who they were.:wink:
I haven't looked at them enough, but are they easier to use than putting the bow in a vise and using a carpenter's level?

·
Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
I haven't looked at them enough, but are they easier to use than putting the bow in a vise and using a carpenter's level?
About the same skill level is needed. But you can check the axes at full draw.:)

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Cool tool.

·
74,535 Posts
Amen

Put it on, tighten the thumb screw and you're ready to make adjustments
I own one and its so simple even I can do it. I like simple tools that work. Often its the simple tools that work the best.
DB

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
Put it on, tighten the thumb screw and you're ready to make adjustments
I could have used this a couple months ago. That's cool that you can check it at full draw. I'm going to have to pick one up. I live and die by my bubble.:)

·
Corripe Cervisiam
20,544 Posts
I just hang a string from the ceiling with a fishing weight- that way I can check it at full draw which takes into account more variables.

Not to throw cold water on the new invention and all....best of luck to them

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is what you do to check the 3rd axis with this tool. There is a threaded rod that sits off to the side of your riser that you align with the string to ensure that you are right on when your bubble says you are level.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I like it, I'm gonna have to get one for the archery toolbox! :shade:

·
Team 4 Play
17,305 Posts
That thing is slick as snot. I got one and couldn't believe how easy it was to use but now it just sits there :cry: I need more bows to use it on!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Owned one for a couple months now. A very slick tool, and well worth the price. Most of my friends have come over to double check and readjust there sights. Agree, a must have tool for any archer who take this sport seriously.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,332 Posts
I just today received my Easy 3rd Axis Level from Shawn at Hamskea Archery Solutions. I must say that it is extremely easy to use and fits perfectly on my riser. I had just set my 3rd axis a couple months ago using my shop vise and a carpenter's level, but I always still wondered in the back of my mind if it was still accurate at full draw. Thankfully it is, and with this device it's easy to verify. Great product guys. Thanks.:thumbs_up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts