Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the Outdoor Channel tonight they were showing a new broadhead called a razor ring. It's the first time I have ever seen these. These things will make a hole as big as a shotgun slug. You talk about making a blood trail. I may have to try some just to see for myself if they work like they say they do.

Has anybody else seen them or used them yet?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think they destroy the Kinetic Energy on impact necessary for effective penetration. The look bad to the bone type, but I don't believe they will penetrate as well as the majority of the broadheads on the market. Remember, you want a clean cut through the deer, not a push and rip type of penetration.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i am curious as to whether they would creat any problems with the ring aroudn the inner part of the broadhead or not. the idea does sound pretty good but i am afraid i would have to test it out before i did anything in a hunting situation. the hole it showed on the pig was impressive but what distance was it shot and what size pig was it and how many lb was being drawn to shoot it thru the pig. i haven;t taken any time to test it but i might be persuaded to give it a try and test it the way most of the broaheads are being tested and se ehow it would hold up. the extra surface of the ring could make it a harder to create a pass thru at longer distances. who knows and what abouot planing what woudl a solid ring in the middle of a broadehad do for arrow flight
rob k

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I wouldn't bother. I have not tested them, but I know someone who has, and he has as much if not more broadhead experience than I do, and he won't touch them again. They are to big, and don't penetrate nearly well enough to get the job done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Saw it.

Griz,

I saw it too. I'm sure 5 shot will have a "field day" with that one. If you think about it, it would work perfect on a skinned animal without a bone, probably leave a hole you could stick your thumb through. However, if you hit any kind of obstruction, I think it would slow down way too much. I'll pass, I'm leaning towards the Rocket Steelheads or the RM Snyper. Someone post if you've had experience with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts