Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
When's bow season start?
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, I have the chickenpox. Opening day is tomorrow (Sept. 15) in Maryland, and my birthday is the 16th, but I will miss the opener due to illness. I am really bummed out.

Should you laugh ('cause I know it sounds funny for a 43 year old man to have a child's disease), it is no joke. Getting it as an adult can be very serious, so I can't afford to go out and risk it getting worse.

And I had such a good stand location, too!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Make sure you go see a doctor ASAP if you haven't already!

Chicken Pox for adults is NO JOKE. Don't assume just resting in bed will get you past the illness.

Hunting opening day is the least of your worries. Take it easy, see your doctor, rest up and get better. There will be other days to hunt!

·
When's bow season start?
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have seen the doc (3 times) and you are right, it's no joke. I haven't felt this bad in a long time. Now all I have to worry about is encephalitis, meningitis, bacterial pneumonia and God knows what else.

I'll hunt another day, that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Get well and hunting will always be there for you.

·
Registered
852 Posts
1st off, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune - but, hey - there MIGHT be a silver lining to this dark cloud after all: In my hunting area, the later it gets during bow season, the better the hunting gets... Maybe, by not getting in your stand on the opener, you'll bag youself a real monster buck once you DO get in it - after all, no one will be hunting it, right??? Get well soon, and hopefully when you DO finally get into your stand, it'll be HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

- georgestrings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts