Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Yesterday my dear friend and bowhunting buddy Paul was hanging his last treestand in the woods where we hunt together, getting ready for this weekend's opener here in MN. He unfortunately caught his wedding ring on one of the tree steps while climbing down, and tore up his finger (degloving injury for you medical types). He took a trip to the ER and surgery involved 12 sutures and a splint. Doctors orders are no movement for 2 weeks, until the sutures come out.

As you can imagine, he is quite disappointed (kicking himself for not using gloves) and will miss hunting for the next 2 weeks. Considering how bad it could have been, we are grateful that he didn't tear his finger off, and that he has apparently no ligament damage (he could move it before the splint was applied).

Paul is just a great guy, a true friend, and one of the finest archers I know. He has taught me a lot about bowhunting. And looking on the bright side, he told me that he's also grateful this accident didn't happen as we were moving our stands in the middle of October, getting ready for the rut hunt. He said maybe he'll try to video one of my hunts this weekend, where all signs point to a lot of buck activity already. We are rather excited about this property.

Please pray that Paul's finger would heal well and that the finger does not get infected. As well, please pray that his spirits would remain high, and that he will have a safe and successful season when it begins for him.

Thank you, and I hope all of your hunting seasons are safe and prosperous.

Regards,
Tom

For your enjoyment, here's a link to Paul and his nice 8 point that he was fortunate enough to take last year on this same property:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=246082&highlight=buddy's+nice

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Hey Tom.
Sorry to hear about your buddy's accident. I wish him a speedy recovery and I wish you both the best of luck this fall!!!

Lien2

·
Registered
99 Posts
Prayers sent and I hope both of you have a good year.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Paul and wedding rings

Paul , I grow up doing carpenter work and the first thing i done was nearly tore my finger off , havn't wore one sence . Paul my prayers are with you and a speedy recovery . Keep it clean my friend because I let mine get infected by getting dirt on it still working , so keep it clean .

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Prayers UP!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I had a computer teacher in High School who was involved in the exact same situation while hunting. She ended up loosing her ring finger, as the skin did not take back to the finger. When I asked her about it she said she does not even realize she does not have it. The women could still type over 100 words a minute. (thats crazy fast typing) And she said it did not effect her hunting at all. Once it healed up of course... Best of wishes Paul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts