Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to increase your draw weight by adjusting the power cable and control cable and still keep the bow in time?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I'm sure someone will debate this... But the most I've ever been able to do and keep the bow shooting well and efficiently is approximately a 1/4" either way... using a combination of string and cable manipulation.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
JAVI said:
I'm sure someone will debate this... But the most I've ever been able to do and keep the bow shooting well and efficiently is approximately a 1/4" either way... using a combination of string and cable manipulation.
That seems to be my experience with draw length also. How about draw weight? Just wondered if I had missed something. Thanks

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
You can increase draw weight without taking the cam out of time.
If you add twists to both the string and cable it will decrease the bows ATA, and increase BH. On a parallel limb bow the difference in BH will be insignificant.

It will also increase pre-load on the limbs, which is the same thing as cranking down the limb bolts. Kinda like turning it up to 11.

It will not be as significant of a change in lbs as just adding twist to the cable. And any increase in BH will prevent as much of an increase in speed as lbs gained by taking the cam out of time.

It will also shorten draw length so you will need to change the module setting in order to get the lb increase.
Adding pre-load can also increase the risk of limb cracking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts