Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I saw this release at Anniston and was very impressed with it, Are there any plans to make a model with a larger finger hole in it yet Joe. Love that little flag 3 finger number i got from you.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sfa, the bearing is as big as it can go without a major handle size change. It's meant to hold out on the fingers, not in your fist.

Rob Vos, these releases were made by Rick several years ago and were never mass marketed. Your friend may have gotten one at a Mid -Atlantic Sectional or similar east coast shoot.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,671 Posts
That is really cool Joe!!!!! Do you need someone to help you test any of those for you? Just send one to me and I'll put it through it's paces for you and save you the trouble.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
This sounds like a great idea for shot "repeatability" (Is that a word?)
I've been wanting to buy a zenith to try out for awhile .Looks like now would be a good time.I'm dying to see how smooth it shoots.
Looks like this really could put the industry in a new direction.
Jerry

·
Registered
545 Posts
I seen this release at Snowshoe. It's the "Berries" Super smooth!! I almost bought one from Joe but was running a little low on funds.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Pretty cool idea.

Is the bearing a "sealed" design so that dust and dirt are kept out? If not, what's the procedure for cleaning and lubing..assuming one might need to do that?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PSI-2,
It's a roller bearing pressed into the gold handle, with the inner race being the black ring for your index finger. The ring is in 2 pieces which are pressed together to form the race. It's pretty well protected from dirt, etc. but the 2 black rings can be removed to allow access to the rollers for cleaning and greasing.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Congratulations Joe, That one looks very nice.

Great Job!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks very interesting Joe, I will be wanting to try it out. Is there a photo showing the optional handle mentioned on your website?

Thanks again for making the finest releases available.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MCB,
There's just the one size. It would be easy to make your own insert though.

sen3D,
I've sold what 4 finger handles I had and I'm waiting for Rick to get some more made. Keep an eye on the web site.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Got Mine Yesterday

My Backfire came in yesterday, has the thumb button on it and every thing. This is my first Zenith release, will not be my last.
Shot a little last night, it is nice and smooth, leaves consistant placement of anchor completely up to you.
Travel is really smooth with that bearing, fires without thought. Just anchor and pull.
It does make my draw lenght about 1/4" longer than with the solution 3 or the Stan Smoothie.
I will have to set up the bow for this release and forget about using one of the others as a spare.
The spring set up on the head works nice,although resetting it every time I play with timeing can get old. Three finger is great grip, don't know why any one would want 4 finger. You pull and hold weight with index finger anyway.
I will play with it some more and commit to it for a while, and see what comes.
All in all I like it, and will probably buy another when they come in a different color.(this is same as my solution 3)

ROB B

·
74,535 Posts
Hate this

There goes some more bucks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
nothing new about that release. I drew one up years ago and a machinest friend made it up for me. Didn't turn out that nice. after I did some grinding so it would fit my hand and the stan head. I will try to dig it up and post a pic.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I also have some drawings of a modular release i did about the same time. it is suppose to be adjustable to fit each individual's hand. Friend didn't want to spend the time on that one. But I gave the drawings to another manufacturer, that was a few years ago and nothing ever came of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts