Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shot a buck at 5:30 this eve..not the best shot angle quartered too bad put it right in his armpit 7 yards..ran off like a bat outta hell, blood everywhere first 75 yards..backed out after that will return in the morning..killed many with this shot and would take it again. im pretty sure he's dead before the creek..but i've done this a time or 2 and if he's dead now he will be dead at 7am..no worries bout coyotes here nothing but deer bunnies and cow's..

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
Good luck in the morning. ready to see some pics.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Why you would gamble to risk seeing if the AT curse holds water is beyond me....

Good luck with your search!

·
Proverbs 21:19
9,614 Posts
I say he'll find it.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
In for the recovery! I beat the curse with the buck in my avatar. I'm confident you will too!

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
if its right behind the armpit, likely you got at least 1 lung and or liver. with that shot and you giving him overnight, you'll find him not too far.

·
Banned
4,878 Posts
In for the kill

If it was me and I knew the shot was good he would be butchered and cooling before sunrise. Just saying.

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WGI_0044.jpg

this is the deer i shot no giant but a great deer for the areas i hunt..kinda settled for less but after over 300 hrs in the stand this yr im ready for some winter smallmouth fishing after christmas, this will be my second buck i killed another with a muzzy, so if i find him ill be tagged out..

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if i find him i got a hell of story for you guys too.thought i was gonna have to fight him at one point he was within 5ft and i was on the ground in a blowdown

·
Bonehunter
8,848 Posts
Good luck, he should be down.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Good luck! Sounds good to me I think you'll find him quickly.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
shot a buck at 5:30 this eve..not the best shot angle quartered too bad put it right in his armpit 7 yards..ran off like a bat outta hell, blood everywhere first 75 yards..backed out after that will return in the morning..killed many with this shot and would take it again. im pretty sure he's dead before the creek..but i've done this a time or 2 and if he's dead now he will be dead at 7am..no worries bout coyotes here nothing but deer bunnies and cow's..
This overnight thing is getting out of hand. Get a good light and go recover the meat.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This overnight thing is getting out of hand. Get a good light and go recover the meat.
haha its gonna be 33 degrees tonight and was around 38-40 when i shot him..relax max if it was 70 i would, but its not and i didn't see him die and im not chasing him across the county if he aint dead yet..dont worry he will be there in the morning..pm ur address ill ship ya some deer meat man

·
Registered
712 Posts
^^^There are times when you should go look right away, but with cold weather and a marginal hit going after that deer tonight would be out of hand.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
haha its gonna be 33 degrees tonight and was around 38-40 when i shot him..relax max if it was 70 i would, but its not and i didn't see him die and im not chasing him across the county if he aint dead yet..dont worry he will be there in the morning..pm ur address ill ship ya some deer meat man
Thanks man. Good luck and be sure to post pics.

No thanks on the meat. Now if it was Elk, I'd pay the shipping.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man. Good luck and be sure to post pics.

No thanks on the meat. Now if it was Elk, I'd pay the shipping.
i would of never offered any elk only ate it once and well i thought very serously about moving out west.. it was awesome, one day im gonna kill me one

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
i would of never offered any elk only ate it once and well i thought very serously about moving out west.. it was awesome, one day im gonna kill me one
Oh it's unbelievable. My dad and brother took a couple cow elk this fall. That meat melts in your mouth like butter. And has an awesome flavor. By far one the best wild meat flavors out there. I've had that opinion for years now. We stopped eating northern MN whitetail years ago. Nasty tasting stuff.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
It must not be as dark there, at 5:30, as it is here. I can barely see the ground at that time.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts