Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone needs to check out http://www.treelinestands.com/. This is truly the best kept secret in the hunting industry! I met them at the ATA show this year and they had a great demo set up. I sat in their stand nearly a half an hour while we talked and was AMAZED at the comfort!!! The platform is big enough to turn around on, they have a foot rest for long sits, and their attachment system is first class. You can hang 5-6 brackets around your farm and then rotate 2-3 stands as you follow deer patterns. This gives you 6 setups for the price of 3!

I will be picking up (4) hang-on stands in March on my way to hog hunt. I will provide pics then and a write up to let you know what I think. Check em out!

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Kinda look like a cross between a millinium and a lone wolf.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its got the millenium type seating without the back, very comfortable. The platform is bigger than the assault: 24" x 30" versus 19.5" 27.5". They are 100% made in the USA and a great group of guys too!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Stand weighs 24lbs! That's way too much for me.
I also didn't see that they were TMA certified, but I could have missed it.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Neat idea wish their was more info. Like prices

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to the engineer today and this is their first model; steel. Therefore, this makes it heavier. They will be releasing an aluminum model that will be much lighter, but their manufacturing is set up for steel today. Yeah I would agree, 24 lbs in on the heavier side for a treestand. But keep in mind, this is not a climbing stand! It is a lock-on style stand, therefore you hang it early season and hunt it later. So normally when I hang a lock-on I can drive right up to the tree because its pre-season. Not sure that this fits your style, just something to think about.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
It's a lock-on style that has brackets to hang multiple sets so you don't have to buy multiple stands. So you would use a stand like this to save money and prevent thefts, correct? Either way your going to have to lug this thing around. Why would you, when you can buy virtually any climbing stand that would be lighter? Or just get a millenium or LW that comes in at about 8lbs less.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has the backpack style straps to wear while transporting to the tree. I am not sure that I would sacrifice comfort and the ability to sit all day for just 6-8 lbs!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Its got the millenium type seating without the back, very comfortable. The platform is bigger than the assault: 24" x 30" versus 19.5" 27.5". They are 100% made in the USA and a great group of guys too!
For me, comfort comes in the seat and angle of the backrest -- this is what makes Millenium so comfortable. I think Gorrilla came out with a similar lower seat portion to this as well (both from the Millenium desing), but it's still not going to be the same comfort because having to sit upright with your back against the tree is what makes it very uncomfortable for me -- it's got nothing to do with the bottom portion.

Some of the climbers (my older API and I think some of the Summit stands) have sling style seats that hang down, but the angle of the backrest can be adjusted by scooching the bottom portion forward. I still cannot get the same angle and comfort as I can from my M100 though.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
It has the backpack style straps to wear while transporting to the tree. I am not sure that I would sacrifice comfort and the ability to sit all day for just 6-8 lbs!
Are you really trying to tell me that this thing is more comfortable than a millenium????
How does that ESPN thing go.........C'mon Man!

·
Arrow Chucker
4,113 Posts
M100 all the way. How do they expect to sell them if they don't event have a price?

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
the only thing i dont like is the way the seat is constructed - comfortable or not. if the seat material tears - one squirrel or a falling branch and the seat is SHOT. At least with other stands, you would still have a metal frame under the cushion so that you can use the seat without the pad (carry my own normally anyway).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just wanted to update you guys. I traveled to Decatur, AL and visited the TreeLine Manufacturing plant. WOW!!! These guys are serious about what they do and determined to give hunters a comfortable stand with plenty of room. And they did it! Check out the pics below.

Treeline Treestands 079edit.jpg
Treeline Treestands 061edit.jpg
Treeline Treestands 021edit.jpg
Treeline Treestands 017edit.jpg

Here are a few updates:
1) They recevied TMA certification recently. This information will be updated on their website.
2) Pricing information is now available.
3) Full manufacturing will begin in May 2011.
4) They have a few new concepts and they are wicked!

PM me if you are interested in more information. They are a great group of guys with the hunter in mind. Their stands are 100% made in the USA so please know that you are supporting a business here in the US.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts