Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 104 in the shade, Columbus Georgia, ASA Classic. :eek: Sunday Morning.

Of course, SPECTRE has an 8:00 a.m. shooting time to continue his incredible onslaught of 12's. :D Meanwhile, SPECTRE's traveling companion on this particular road trip is not yet competing. He doesn't start until Noon. So he decides to take advantage of this time to practice judging and shooting on the practice range.

He judges the target, nocks an arrow, draws his Switchback..........

KA-POW :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bow blows up. String broke right at the cam. He has to start shooting in two hours.......... :confused:

And since his hero (me) is currently on the range shooting more 12's........... he's kinda sorta on his own.......... Well, not exactly.

I've always told him........ If you need anything, ANYTHING and I'm not here, go see Rob at Lancaster and he'll get you fixed up. So he does.

Rob not only replaced his string, and peep, and clarifier......... but did so at such a low cost that I feel somewhat offended........... ;)

Then enters Richard Leftwich into the scenario, who helped my buddy get his bow back to shooting right once the string was replaced. Thanx Richard. I now withdraw all the mean and ugly things I've always said about you........ almost....... :D :D

And THEN, Jesse and Ginger Morehead jumped in and helped Mark with the final tweeking and adjustments so he could get his last 20 targets shot for the weekend.

So this :beer: is for you Rob, for proving once again what I've been telling people for years. You guys are definitely the best. :shade:

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reylamb said:
Rob and LAS are great, as are Richard (heated argument and all), and the Mooreheads.

Argument?????? What argument ?????? ;) :thumbs_up :teeth:

·
I am nobody.........
8,659 Posts
SPECTRE said:
Argument?????? What argument ?????? ;) :thumbs_up :teeth:
The one that apparently is still continuing today on the 3D section..........."some men you just can't reach" :eek: :zip: :zip: :zip: :angel:

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
You mean they treay EVERYBODY this way?

...and I thought I was special. :cool:

Lancaster Archery.... :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
:thumbs_up I have always had excellent service form them.

Darrel

·
Registered
682 Posts
As usual SPECTRE is exactly right. I was there and saw the whole thing. Rob did a great thing helping out and Richard continued w/ words of encouragement and help......back to SPECTRE.

Don't let his minute size and quick wit/sarcasm fool any of you. While we were at the Illinois Pro am in June Monte and I were discussing bows and bow tuning. I told him that I had all of the actual shooting equipment that I need and was going to start to purchase equipment to work on my bows. Without 1 second of hesitation he says, "I have a bow press you can have." I said, "What?", and he repeats his previous statement. It seems that all of those parallel limb bows of his will not work in the press and it is collecting dust. Not only is he gracious enough to give me the press, he delivers it to me at the Classic. Monte is a class act and I am glad to call him a friend. Thanks Monte for all that you do for the sport and everyone in the sport.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TTT. :)

Thanx again Rob and LAS :thumbs_up

By the way, don't be surprised if I don't take Nathan's place next year on the cover of the LAS catalog. I caught Rob sneaking a pic of me at the shootdown.......... :star:

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
SPECTRE said:
TTT. :)
By the way, don't be surprised if I don't take Nathan's place next year on the cover of the LAS catalog. I caught Rob sneaking a pic of me at the shootdown.......... :star:
We'll either that or he is planning on growing a garden next year and needs a scarecrow. :eek:

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Lancasters is always been # 1 in Service

I have heard this story many times over

Proud to be a LAS dealer

Tink

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am the guy who's bow blew up on him. I want to thank Rob and everyone at Las for helping me out to get my bow shooting again. Rob wanted to be so helpful, he wanted to take the string off of his own switchback to put on my bow, but I would not let him. He was very helpful, and so was Dan Renner,Richard Leftwich, and Ginger and Jesse Morehead. Its good to know that there is always someone there who is willing to take their own time to help someone out. Thanks again!

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
My experience isn't quite so dramatic. Back in March, when I decided that I was going to try my hand at bowhunting this fall, a coworker toldme that there's no better place than Lancaster to get my first bow. He assurred me that it would be well worth the trip, and they would set me up right.
I walked in their store last March, after the long drive from Baltimore, waited my turn, and when it came I stepped up to the counter, and told the Tech that I wanted to go bow hunting this fall, and I've never even shot an arrow. He spent a good half hour showing me a number of bows from a $300 PSE up to the Hoyt Ultramag. I decided on an Ultramag as the best bow within my budget, but that wasn't the end of it. He set it up, gave me a lesson in safe bow handling, and also gave me my first shooting lesson at their indoor range. All in all, he spent a good hour with me while the shop was busy with other customers waiting, and never made me feel rushed. Like Matthewshooter, they exceeded my expectations enormously, and I wrote an email to the shop and let them know it. I recently recieved their new catalog, and I have quite a few items picked out for ordering.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
SPECTRE said:
KA-POW :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bow blows up.
QUOTE]

Same thing happened to Ms. Sapphire at Snowshoe. Rob handled it like a champ as did the shooter! :teeth: :thumbs_up
She was on her second day of shooting on target 11 for the day. BLAM right as she released the arrow (still got an 10, LUCKY)! :D
Rob had her out on the bags in 20 minutes! Had her calmed back down and ready to go!
They are great, especially ROB! I did not get to thank him in person after she was done so I hope this makes it back to him! :thumbs_up

There hard work for the shooters at the events is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
779 Posts
1st Class !!

My first dealing with Rob was up at Snowshoe a couple of weeks ago and this guy is 1st Class all the way!! He took a lot of time helping me and my buddy out with the Sure-Loc Challenger sights we both bought. :D

·
177 5/8"
2,102 Posts
Not to change the subject or anything, but what was the cause of the string failure? I've been experiencing some serving fraying on my Switchback cable due to sharp edges in the cam grooves. I'm wondering if the cause of your failure was due to something similar. :sad:

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BagginBigguns said:
Not to change the subject or anything, but what was the cause of the string failure? I've been experiencing some serving fraying on my Switchback cable due to sharp edges in the cam grooves. I'm wondering if the cause of your failure was due to something similar. :sad:

No Idea...... :( The string broke where it makes the 90 degree turn toward the peg on the bottom cam. Haven't seen that before. I inspected the cam and could find nothing wrong with the cam at all. Ginger, Jesse and Richard looked at it too. Freak thing I suppose......... :eek:

Rob offered to give Mark the string off of his personal SB........... not many guys would do that. I wouldn't....... :D

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
I have heard that there has been small burs found after the inspection of the cams? If its true or not, I have no idea. I have not seen one yet. My GF's busted under the serving!

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Supershark said:
I have heard that there has been small burs found after the inspection of the cams? If its true or not, I have no idea. I have not seen one yet. My GF's busted under the serving!

We all looked at it and found no fault with the cam. But we were in a hurry too. Mark takes really good care of his gear (I trained him proper ;) ) and the string had been well maintained.

He still managed a decent score for the weekend. I reckon something like that would stick in your head for a spell. ;)

He's good to go now though. And I would think a LAS customer for life. The way that Rob treats us, I can't see how he stays in business......... :D :D

And for the record......... I ain't on staff with him.............. (yet ;) ..... hint hint Rob :D )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts