Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread asking for advice on which bow to get my 14 year old son. I just started archery myself so I really don't know much about bows. What I got instead of advice was an overwhelming response of fellow archers wanting to donate items to my son. I spent the first 2 nights after the responses started coming in crying after the family went to sleep. You see, we live in an area where if you were walking down the street and fell, most people would stop and spit on you before helping you up. So when I started seeing the amount of generosity and good nature of the folks here on AT, it touched my heart to know that there are in fact still good people out there in this world. I would like to say a special, and sincere, thank you to the following members for there generous donations. With their help we have managed to get my son 98% ready to shoot and hunt with me. I could say thank you a million times and still feel it would never be enough.

Treeman Dan
AKDoug
Aggie94
Hedoe
Martin Guy
LostRiversCamp
Half-Strut
BarryOnyx

And to those of you who posted responses of support and best wishes....thank you as well! There were a few responses that were posted that have made me look at things in an entirely different way than before; and I am happy it happened that way. My son and I are much closer now, and I have seen a side of him that I never knew existed. I have never seen him more excited about anything like he is with the archery. You all are wonderful people and I feel privileged to be associated with this site and its members.


Thank you all again!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
I have seen this type of generosity over and over from our fellow members. It really is an awesome thing to see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,081 Posts
Being a newbie archer myself, getting my bow, then finding the AT forums here...has been a most rewarding experience! The thoughtfulness, kindness, and, helpfulness of some of the folks here, is quite refreshing in this day, and, age.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
Hello

You say that your son has 98% what he needs? What does he need to make up the other 2%.Sorry I didn't see the first thread to know what he may need.I have some stuff around here,just have to look.Maybe I can help also.
And yes,AT has some great people on here.:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
Keep us posted Chris, we would all love to see some pics of Aaron shooting.
There are definetly some great people here on AT, this forum really stands up to its motto "Archers Helping Archers".


Take care.:)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tree stand said:
Hello

You say that your son has 98% what he needs? What does he need to make up the other 2%.Sorry I didn't see the first thread to know what he may need.I have some stuff around here,just have to look.Maybe I can help also.
And yes,AT has some great people on here.:wink:
At that time of this post all we really needed was some arrows. I had a long talk with BarryOnyx over the phone last night, really great guy, and he is going to be sending us the other 2% for Aaron. We are still awaiting the arrival of some of the items that were being donated, but here is my son with his new bow and a couple more items. We have received more than just what you see in the photo, some of which has been installed on the bow and other stuff is packed neatly away in the little broadhead container, or in the closet in his room. He is really having a hard time drawing this bow back so I don't have any pics of him shooting just yet, but we soon will. Thanks again to all!

Aaron.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,174 Posts
Thats great. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up to all who helped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words, that is very true in this case.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top