Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Concluding 5 days of shooting in Yankton with the 4th Axis requires that I comment on its performance. I am still not sure I fully understand the principles involved; however, in the vertical world that was Yankton, SD, I can conclusively say that out of some 648 scoring arrows shot, not a single shot was missed left or right as a result of 3d/4th axis problems.

Sight alignment was dead on up, down, and level. Although I have never had significant problems in this respect in the past, this is the one and only time I can say that it was never an issue. I can only attribute this fact to the 4th axis!

Virtually all of my misses were vertical because of form failures on those damned slopes. I never did have to play the slopes - simply cant into the hill on the draw and then bring the level into position, hold, and nothing but spot!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guess I missed what the 4th axis is, got pics? Who made? Extra weight?

·
74,535 Posts
Worked for Dean Pridgen

He said his few miss's wee mainly high or low.

Set a few new records with it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Read all about it!

Musket_0,

Go to my site and read. It's a freebie! www.archerytech.com :thumbs_up

RSW,

Congratulations on your shooting in Yankton! You and Dean both had a 550 one day. That is awesome! I guess having a 4th Axis on your bow there was really an asset. Keep up the good work!

·
74,535 Posts
Certianly works

For Dean

Attachments

·
74,535 Posts
Pm him and ask

francis said:
what kind of cams are those on that hoyt that Dean is has?
x's4me He will be glad to give you that info.

I think cam and half.

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
ok just wondering if they were aftermarket because they didnt look like any of hoyts cams to be, or maybe they still make a round wheel?

·
74,535 Posts
I promise there Hoyt

francis said:
ok just wondering if they were aftermarket because they didnt look like any of hoyts cams to be, or maybe they still make a round wheel?
PM Dean and ask. Great and he will be more than glad to give you his set up

·
74,535 Posts
Francis

Here Deans Rigg

The equipment:
Hoyt Pro-Elite/3000 limbs/46lbs @ 29 1/2"/cam & 1/2.

Winners choice string with buss cable split (shoot thru) and 4th axis.

Arrows:
A/C/E 570's--cut @ 28"--70 gr. points---pin nocks--Flex-Fletch vanes 187's. Total wt.-260grs. 275fps

Sight: Shur-lock

Release:Carter Target 3

·
redman
8,114 Posts
4th

the 4th axis is the best thing that came out this year number 2 is the mag-tek release great makes shoot more fun

G

·
just saw a pic of this thing , it looks like the same thing I got off of KOKO Kreations about 10 years ago,it basically adjusts your "Z" axis in a different location. Whats the cost on it??

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,225 Posts
I went to the web site and read the "concept". From what I'm understanding, the 4th axis is basically an axis method replacement for 3rd axis ???

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
4th Axis

Hey!

Arrow action. Good to hear from you! What's next? Shoulder recovery! :(

ArcherWolf,

Slight correction: Not a replacement for but, The 4th Axis is a way to adjust the 3rd axis (after 3rd is set) to be in alignment with the path of your shot arrow. Aligning the 3rd axis to your arrow without shooting it is a bit of guesswork. You can get there but it may take a while. The 4th Axis is easy and quick and adds all the effects of bow torque and arrow flight into the equation.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Been debating about one of these for a year now! I just ordered one! We'll see!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Got that web sit in my favorites, read it many times :pawprint:

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Easiest way to think of 4th axis is that as your sight extension bar as its extended or retracted will possibly move the sight left and right, when set with the 4th axis block there will be no variation as you run the extension in and out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts