Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you tried out Rayovac Fusion batteries in your trail cameras? I've been running Energizer Lithium batteries for the past several years with great results. I have bought a pack of two that were dead or very low but was able to return them at Sams Club. I'm thinking about trying the Fusion batteries since buying Lithiums for 20 trail cameras is quite expensive. I've found regular Alkaline batteries don't last very long and especially once it gets cold out.

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
I bought some Fusions a couple years back. Without a doubt they lasted longer than the regular Rayos. I had about 6000 pictures over the course of a year before having to switch them out. This was about 4 months of 40 to -10 degree weather.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Lithium Ultimate are ideal in cold weather and for the newer cameras that require higher voltage batteries.
New lithium test 1.79 to 1.83 volt using a digital meter. Rechargeable batteries may reach 1.50 volt. The
newer trail cameras start to fail around 1.38 volt where as the older camera dropped to 1.0 to 1.2 volt before
starting to fail. Even though more expensive the Lithium batteries give a greater working range before camera
failure. All the best in whatever you choose.

·
Premium Member
7,337 Posts
I buy duracell ProCell in cases of 144 for about .30 a battery
- I've tried cheap store brand batteries and they seem to fail quick
- I've tried rechargeable and they don't seem to last very long - can recharge but I hate having camera go dead and missing something
- I've tried Lithium and ultimate LIthium and although they lasted longer - wasn't nearly long enough for 5X the price
- Have not tried the Fusions - will order some and check them out

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've used Duracell Quantoms and regular Energizers and they didn't last that long. I'm going to try out these Fusions and see how they do. If I'm not satisfied then I'll keep using energizer lithiums.

·
Archery Addict
9,167 Posts
I've been using the Fusion AA batteries in two of my Browning trail cams for the past year. They last for about 6 months and 5000+ photos for me and still have over 40% charge remaining. When I pulled the cams in May, they were still taking great pics. I replaced the batteries this week with Fusions in 2 cams and Duracell Quantums in the other 2. Here, the temps are in the high 90's right now and winter temps will be between 20-40 most of the time. The regular rayovac's only lasted about 3 months before they conked out when I first got the cam's. Two of the cams get checked every other day since they are within 200 yards of my house that's under construction. The other 2 get checked once a month. When the battery level gets below 40% I usually replace the batteries on them just to be on the safe side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts