Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you used this adhesive for fletching. I am getting ready to fletch up my hunting arrows and wanted to check before doing them. Hope everyone has a good labor day weekend. :cool:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Denny

I have used the AAE glue and got along pretty good with it. What I have found that works the best for me on all arrows is FlexBond, and if I'm in a hurry I use Goat Tuff. I use Goat Tuff on all my inserts and it works great. WR

Attachments

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Yep. AAE gel works well, but leaves the dreaded white residue. Both Goat Tuff and flex-bond work well, I use Goat tuff on most of my fletchings now, with no problems. Stuff is rugged and fast. (I do NOT use the accelerator) Good shooting, Pinwheel 12

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
The AAE does work well. And it does leave a white residue. If you like to wipe the excess off, you must do it as you apply each vane. I use the Steel Force Beyond Bond. Fast adhesion & you can wipe all the vanes at once, after they're on.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
You'll be just fine with the AAE Fast set. The GoatTuff, though is rather challenging to clean off of a carbon shaft if you should ever have to refletch them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The AAE fastset gel works great with AAE vanes and carbon arrows. I have used this combo since converting from aluminum arrows and have had no reason to change. It forms tough bond and vanes will wear like iron.
It does have some downsides though, but are minor in my opinion.
White residue on arrow as discussed.
Difficult to get vanes off once glued.
Tricky to use due to fast drying property. Much like super glue.
Once tube is opened it will go bad quick if not sealed well, so I try to flech many arrows and use tube up.
Viscosity of product has varied at times (? due to shelf life where sold ).
I read one thread here on AT, and that person was buying and using a super glue product, brought from a arts and krafts store and having great success. It was cheaper and got more product.
It is expensive for the amount you get in a tube.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I use AAE and think it has a awesome holding power. But, i don't like the white residue. What is another brand that most of you use?? No white residue.

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
What are you guys doing to get the AAE fastset gel and the AAE vanes with accelorator to stick? I've quit using it because no matter what I do they come off way too easy. Goat Tuff and Bohning vanes stick 10 times as good and are only marginaly slower to set up.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Been using AAE Fastset ever since I started fletching my own shafts.

Never had any trouble with the white residue. Nor trouble with it adhearing to carbon or aluminum. Just got done fletching some Aluminum 2312 for indoors with no problems.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I use Bondini Gel from Walmart and it leaves no residue and works great.. Have been using it for about 6 years now on everything....Pro1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts