Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be setting up some new gold tip pierce arrows, and I'm debating which vane to go with.
I'll be putting significant weight up front, I'm a big fan of higher FOC's for hunting situations.
Just curious on everyone's opinion of the two, and if you've compared them side by side?

Thanks!

·
I like shooting my bow.
77 Posts
Never compared them side by side but I shoot pierce platinums with 40 grains of weight up front with the Max Stealths and they fly like darts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hunter of many things
12,118 Posts
Remember good flight comes from a properly tuned bow. They are both great vanes and will work well.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Would probably stick with gt vanes unless their is a specific thing your after. Weight is generally moot as 2-3 g different might be a small % of Foc but overall flight will not vary measurable amounts.

I chose vanetech hp simply for height, length, and softer then blazer. My bow has an angled cable guard and the slidemay not clear the vanes all the time so it reduced contact issues being softer. Ideally the slide moves forward enough to clear, but I wonder sometimes.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I’ve shot both. Prefer the fusions for ease of adhesion. The only way to get the max stealths to stay on worth a damn was to use their primer pen and all their brand glues

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
I prefer Q2i fusion ll over everything. They are both awesome vanes and both will work great.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just starting using the Q2i Fusion 2 and so far I love them, I have shot Blazers for years. The Fusions are a little stiffer material, but so far I have had no issues at all with adhesion and they fly great.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've shot both in different setups. Have all of the AAE products necessary for proper AAE installation. Obviously the Fusions are slightly lighter, and take the win for ease of installation. Just wish i could find a comparison of the two side by side before i have to do it myself :tongue:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts