Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been using Max Stealth vanes for a few years and I really like them in a four fletch. I’ve see these Max Hunter vanes and wondering if they they would have any more benefit than the stealth. Interested to see if anyone had any experience with both.
Not interested at all hearing from people about how grandpop didn’t use synthetic vanes at all and shot the state record with feather arrows and practice, please spare us.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I’m sure it was my (at the time) inexperience. I’ve had much better luck with the max stealth than the hunters. But again, the hunters were early in my fletching experience. Probably user error as much as anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sure it was my (at the time) inexperience. I’ve had much better luck with the max stealth than the hunters. But again, the hunters were early in my fletching experience. Probably user error as much as anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t doubt yourself, it is a whole different design. I think it is their version of the Blazer vane. Not sure if a longer vane is better or not

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Max Hunter are my go to vanes for all my hunting arrows - big bad coc 2 blade single and double bevel. I shave off vanes at 60m - and forget the noise of the vane - the bow at the shot is always going to be louder

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,751 Posts
Max Hunter are my go to vanes for all my hunting arrows - big bad coc 2 blade single and double bevel. I shave off vanes at 60m - and forget the noise of the vane - the bow at the shot is always going to be louder
Its pretty substantial like I have never put an attention on noise but when its so loud other groups of shooters ask I think its over kill. Plenty of vanes perform to your expectations with out the noise. But if they work run them I just have seen and experienced this same thing with them like others. Some people love them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts