Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are max stealth good for fixed blade broad heads? Ive always used blazers . Shooting a 475 gr arrow with slick tricks up front

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’ve been playing around with a bunch of different vanes, if you like to build arrows, try em all. Do your own head to head comparisons and then review.
I’m liking the stealth vane, but I’m really liking the Tac driver vane.
Archery is a tinker sport/hobby, always messing with stuff, fine tune, new arrows, new release, trad bow? Ilf? More arrows...

·
Registered
Right Turn Clyde
819 Posts
3 helical fly good with exodus on axis.

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,223 Posts
Using 3 fletch helical with 175 grain Simmons swamp sharks. No problems at all. If your bow is tuned you don’t need much on tail end for stabilizing. If you think you can just screw a fixed blade on and get same flight as field point/mechanical without a tuned bow, you will not be happy with results.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use these in 4 fletch helical paired with 4 blade Magnus Black Hornet SER Razors. Dead on out to 40 yards which is the farthest I test with

·
Registered
Mathews Atlas, Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL, QAD HDX, Conquest Stabs, Black Eagle Rampage Arrows
298 Posts
I’m shooting the max stealths in a 4 fletch, left helical, with Magnus black hornets and stingers.

·
Registered
51,147 Posts
Excellent vane for fixed head or anything. I would do full helical. No need for 4 fletch. 3 is more than enough.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Excellent vane for fixed head or anything. I would do full helical. No need for 4 fletch. 3 is more than enough.
You don’t want a full helical as you call it for fixed heads. Studies have shown 4 fletch to stabilize fixed heads faster and for a longer time than 3 fletch. Then again what would you know about it? Just more bad advice as usual.

·
Registered
177 Posts
You don’t want a full helical as you call it for fixed heads. Studies have shown 4 fletch to stabilize fixed heads faster and for a longer time than 3 fletch. Then again what would you know about it? Just more bad advice as usual.
I’ve done both, 3 with a good helical is plenty as Dale said. No need to bash, especially when he was correct.

I’ve also done 4 fletch with a minimal helical. This worked about the same as the 3 with a lot of helical. I’m running 3 with a VPA 1 1/4” cut head. These need a bit more than a qad to fly well and 3 it plenty for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51,147 Posts
I’ve done both, 3 with a good helical is plenty as Dale said. No need to bash, especially when he was correct.

I’ve also done 4 fletch with a minimal helical. This worked about the same as the 3 with a lot of helical. I’m running 3 with a VPA 1 1/4” cut head. These need a bit more than a qad to fly well and 3 it plenty for them.

No problem he will get banned shortly for well over the 50th time.
Hi Mike

·
Registered
863 Posts
Agreed

My wife is shooting 225grain single bevels with 3 fletch stealth with no issues

As long as you put the time into tuning your bow, very little vane is actually needed

·
Banned
5 Posts
Seems like it’s been closer to 100 times. His obsession is truly disturbing.
As I told you before you have absolutely NO IDEA what you’re talking about. Like the great Hannibal Lector said...... “if you can’t keep up with the conversation, better not to get involved.” Once again, you have no clue what this is about, none whatsoever.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I’m using them on my .300 spine axis. Right helical and fixed blade broadhead. They fly great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts