Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking over some inexpensive broadheads to play around with and found this one. It's American Broadhead Company's Sonic in 85gr. I can get a 6 pak of em' from Keystone Country Store for $26.45 not including shipping. I may check my local Pro Shop to see if he has em' in stock and what they'd cost, he's pretty completive with his prices and sometimes even beats some of the online prices.
Anyway, read a couple reviews. Suppose to be a pretty decent broadhead, flys like a field point and is pretty sturdy even with the aluminum ferrule. Just wonder if anyone has used em' and what do you think about em'? Talk to ya'll later.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Shot the ABC Sonics for a few years, very good BH for the money, I shot the 100gr and the wife shot the 85gr, The only complaint I would have is that out of around 12-14 deer taken with them I had maybe 6-8 heads that when you got your arrow back the ferrule is there but no blades, lol, I guess it didn't really matter the head did its job and made them bleed, plus I replaced the blades anyways, cause most of the time they were 6" in the ground after a pass thur, but if they could make them hold the blades better they would be a excellent head, still have some and may go back to them who knows:shade:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've read they're suppose to be pretty decent so I may pick up 6 just to play with over the summer. I plan on getting Grim Reapers for Deer season but for Coyotes and stuff I think the Sonics would work great for the price.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Yeah they would be great for that, Don't let the small cutting diameter fool ya, They still put a pretty mean hole in stuff

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am going to be using these this year also
as I have been practicing with them for a while
now. I shoot the 100gr. instead, but it also has
the alum. ferrule. (1" cut)
They fly very true, are sharp and penetrate
like a motherxxxxxx! Rite thru 5/8" plywood
and an overhead shop door! Head was reusable
and still spun tru.
The only thing I will say is make sure to use a BH