Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this posted under the photo/video section but I got zero responses so I will try it here.

Why is it when I get my digital photos developed at a 1 hour lab like Walmart or a Walgreen the top and the bottom of the photo is cut off? I am tried of having the top of someones head cut off or having the time and date cut off my trail cam pictures. Is there a way I can fix the problem?

PAhunter

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've noticed with digital cameras the actual window is alot smaller than what appears on the screen. I had the same problem last year with heads being cut off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The lab oftentimes has to do some cropping on the image so it will fit a standard photograph format, such as 3x5, 4x6 or 8x10, depending on the camera's aspect ratio (Meaning width in aspect to height of the image). For example, if an image is resized directly out of my particular camera at the highest quality setting (which takes images at a 3:2 aspect ratio), to try to fit in an 8x10 image frame, the image prints at 10 inches wide, and the height will be 7.5 inches, which doesn't fit the frame, so they boost the height up to 8 inches, but now you end up with an image that is 8 inches in height, but now it is 10.66 inches wide, which cuts some off the sides off your image.

If you can, take your images down on CD, and crop them yourself using one of the photo kiosks at Wally World or other store. That is the only way I'll get mine printed commercially these days, to prevent any unwanted crops.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The technicians in the photo lab do not alter your pictures, the computers fit the image to the size of prints. If you take your pictures in to be printed, you have to manually touch every picture and edit them to the size that you want. For some reason the digital kiosk takes a little of the top and bottom off of the pictures. If you tell it to edit your picture, then do nothing to it, and save it, you will then have the date and time on your pics. I am a manager at a Walgreens and have helped a few other hunters with this problem when printing. I notice it especially happens with the cuddeback cameras. I would suggest that next time you need your pictures printed, ask a photo technician to help you. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I used Walmart last year to get a 35mm film roll put on a CD.
That worked awesome and is actually cheaper since there is no paper involved. I did not notice anything cut form top or bottm.
This was for a stealth cam I had and wanted the pics on my computer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts