Archery Talk Forum banner

? about brace hight an draw wieght

471 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  trukey hunter
i been in archery about 6 years im shooting a 8 inch bh bow the whole time i been shooting. im going to order a 2009 x force just want too know should i go with a 7 or 6 inch brace hight cause all i been shooting is 8in.im getting older so im going with a 60 lbs bow what kind speed will i be getting out of a 60 lbs x force 6 an 7 dh.will see a dif.. in the 6 an 7 dh thank you for the info randy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,486 Posts
It all depends. I would suggest shooting both bows first. If you like the 6 inch Brace then id say go with it. The only problem is it will show form defects much more then a higher brace. As far as speed the generel rule of thumb is for every inch shorter you gain about 10fps.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
choices

Randy, I would agree that I would recommend shooting both and see what you like the best. However, sometimes you can't shoot both. As I have seen that in your draw most guys have liked the Dream Season, 7" brace the best. If you can shoot both though do so and choose what feels best! Thanks JB

· Registered
1,386 Posts
7"!

· Registered
552 Posts
I have an '07 XF-6 and love it. I have a 28" draw and only drawing 53#'s. You will be happy with either bow but I find that majority of people go with the 7" bh when their draws are over 28 for some reason. You can download the speed chart directly from PSE's website and it is every accurate, it allows you to enter the total arrow weight and then calculates the speeds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.