Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the weight ( grain per inch) of the gold tip lightning arrows? I'm looking for a realy light arrow for my wife's bow. She shoots a 24in. arrow at 30lbs. draw weight.
Thanks;

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure what the lightnings are but the falcons are 7.3gr/inch.My little girl shoots the falcons out of her bow at about 40 lbs and they fly great.They are basicaly a 35/55 arrow.A friend of mines son shoots Carbon Express 100's at about 35 38 lbs and they fly well also.Hope this helps Good luck

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't know about the gold tip lightenings but for a light arrow you may want to look at the arrow dynamics nitro stinger shafts.
My wife is shooting the nitro lite at 24 3/4" with 90 grain glue in points & 3" feathers & the total arrow weight is 217 grains. Her Black Eagle is shooting 242 fps at 35# & 24.5" draw.:) .............................................................DF1

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks WVSQ2 & DF1 for the info. I'll make her some new arrows & see if I can't get her speed up to 200 fps. She is shooting 176fps now with gt3555. The lighter arrows should help.
Thanks again;
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts