Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you have to post your pic within 10 days of harvest?

When I go hunting every year, I take off for three weeks at least. I go and hunt hard, and leave my computer behind. So any deer I kill in the beginning of my trip , it can't be used unless I go find a computer and post it then and there????

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Just text a pic to a team mate and have them post for ypu

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can see your concern with this, especially since most mountainous areas around me are too remote for cell service. I would message a mod when you get back in service and see if they'll allow it under those circumstances. Or do like legion said.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Pay It Forward
26,680 Posts
This is an addition to help curb some of the non-sense that occurred with last years contest where team members were harvesting deer and holding posting them to the last few minutes (literally) in order to move ahead of another team. In two separate incidents it was a concerted effort of members from two different teams that cause a major crap storm on both the public and private forums. We decided to implement the 10-day rule to hep safeguard against those type of shenanigans.

If you or anyone else in the contest finds yourself in a situation as you described reach out to me before you leave and I'll take care of it. We never intended for things like this and as you might expect getting 700+members to play nice takes a few rules that may ruffle a few feathers, but we're certainly not unreasonable. In fact, two different members will finish their respective Blacktail hunts before the contest registration closes, but you can bet if they score their points will be on the board for their team.

Joe

·
The Rut Rascal
1,744 Posts
I as well feel there needs to be a time limit, however, I am prone to strike out for a couple weeks at a time and tend to not have cell service. I would think while 10 days would work, that 21 days would be able to allow most to go on that long trip and get back to post that buck of a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is an addition to help curb some of the non-sense that occurred with last years contest where team members were harvesting deer and holding posting them to the last few minutes (literally) in order to move ahead of another team. In two separate incidents it was a concerted effort of members from two different teams that cause a major crap storm on both the public and private forums. We decided to implement the 10-day rule to hep safeguard against those type of shenanigans.

If you or anyone else in the contest finds yourself in a situation as you described reach out to me before you leave and I'll take care of it. We never intended for things like this and as you might expect getting 700+members to play nice takes a few rules that may ruffle a few feathers, but we're certainly not unreasonable. In fact, two different members will finish their respective Blacktail hunts before the contest registration closes, but you can bet if they score their points will be on the board for their team.

Joe
I think the problem is the new rule that the winning team stays together.....

And who cares if someone holds out from posting an entry till the last minute???? It's called strategy, and not shananigans IMO.

And yes, if I'm going to be part of this, I need more than 10 days from the kill to post my pics. I'm not concerned about computers and phones while I'm hunting. Because I'm hunting....

·
Pay It Forward
26,680 Posts

And who cares if someone holds out from posting an entry till the last minute???? It's called strategy, and not shananigans IMO.

And yes, if I'm going to be part of this, I need more than 10 days from the kill to post my pics. I'm not concerned about computers and phones while I'm hunting. Because I'm hunting....

Strategy? Can't say I am with you on that one.

I agree, I was never one for the winning team staying together, but when in Rome...

Like I said, just reach out to me when you leave for your hunt and I'll take care of it...if that's too much to ask then maybe you need to consider "being part of this"...hope this doesn't make me sound like an A-hole, those who know me know that couldn't be any further from the truth.

Joe

·
Banned
19,980 Posts
N

There is no strategy in not enering til the last minute. Points are points no matter when they are entered

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I love this new rule. There is no monetary prize or gear giveaway, and bragging rights don't really last that long, tbh. I can't think of a better, more universally appealing incentive than to try and fight to stay on a good team. I think I've been on a top 4 team 2 different years and some other really good ones. Those two years where we were close to the top I would have loved to have stayed on that team, and so would everyone else on it. It is really cool when you get an active team that can also put up some points. I think this is the best rule change the tournament could get. It also creates natural "enemies." I love chasing down the top dog...clear bullseye!

·
SuperToon'd
12,220 Posts
I love this new rule. There is no monetary prize or gear giveaway, and bragging rights don't really last that long, tbh. I can't think of a better, more universally appealing incentive than to try and fight to stay on a good team. I think I've been on a top 4 team 2 different years and some other really good ones. Those two years where we were close to the top I would have loved to have stayed on that team, and so would everyone else on it. It is really cool when you get an active team that can also put up some points. I think this is the best rule change the tournament could get. It also creates natural "enemies." I love chasing down the top dog...clear bullseye!
I agree with this.

·
Super Moderator
22,691 Posts
The rules we've instituted over the last couple of seasons were supposed to allow for more fun and comradery. However, a few took things too far and many a member have complained about a few things. Why can't we all just have fun and not take things too seriously?

·
Registered
984 Posts
The rules we've instituted over the last couple of seasons were supposed to allow for more fun and comradery. However, a few took things too far and many a member have complained about a few things. Why can't we all just have fun and not take things too seriously?
I think you guys are running this contest exactly as it should be. Those who are crying about it should just be thankful that they don't have any bigger problems to whine about. We live in an age where it seems to have become second nature to people to moan and groan about every little thing, especially with social media making it easier for them to do so. It's really just a bad habit.

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,802 Posts
I personally liked it better before the champs stay rule. The defending champs have shown a few times that they will do whatever it takes to win it. I appreciate their passion but they have taken it a little too far more than once. Other than that the contest is great, keep up the good work!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.