Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to buy a new tree stand just for a spare and i have been looking at the ol man grand multi vision it looks like a really well made stand i am just wondering how solid is it? i have a summit viper and it is rock solid and very stable from the time you set it up till the time you climb to your hunting height. will the ol man be this stable? and can a person sit in one for an all day hunt? tell me what you like or dislike about them. any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ive been using a grand multi vision for 3 yrs its solid and you can stay in it for 12 hrs with no problem, plenty of room to move around. the mesh seat is great. it climbs quiet and easy to me but i never used a summit stand. the one thing is that it packs flat but it weighs 25-26lbs and still carries easy. hooked

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I have a regular Ol' Man Multivision, and an Multi Vision Air Elite Ti On order. In my opinion these are the best stands on the market. They are ROCK solid. I've climbed trees with 1-1/2 inches of ice on them and did not slip once (I'm scared of heights).

I think they are superior to the Summits for 2 reasons:

Pivoting arms - Besides folding up, the pivoting arms are great for leveling the stand, on a tree that might not be straight up. The stand will be level, and the arms will not try and force it to be perpendicular to the tree.

Locking Straps - The built in straps that lock it to the tree are nice too. Once in place, clip, cinch, and you are going no where.

Downfall - Heavy, and you often will need a light to set it up in the dark, just to get the peg through.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Ol Man to anyone. Since I've purchased mine, all 5 of my hunting buddies abandoned their old climbers and bought them...

Bo

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Ditto

Yep I bought a new Ol' Man Multivision climber a few weeks ago & I love it.....These things bite the tree better than any other climbers that I have ever used......Set it up & cinch those straps & like the other guy said you aint going no where....Mine actually takes a bit of effort to get loose from the tree when climbing back down it bites in so well.......

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I AGREE! I have a Vision (plain no bells or whistles) I put the new style spreader bars on it ! I am 240 lbs. It doesn't squeek or move a bit! I don't think it's a bit heavy compared to some of the others on the market!

·
Registered
84 Posts
BO is not BSing. He hates to be more than 7 feet off the ground. He tries to jump on the deer as they walk by. Last year he have a hard time when he was field testing that GAMEHIDE tinfoil hunting suit....... Later Boys

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i have an old man vision i will sell its in great condition

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
3dsteve wants the Ti, I just know it! ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Summit

You already have a Summit and you are attempting to find out if the Old Man is a stable as the Summit??? Why??? The Summit is lighter, just as comfortable and less expensive. The guys above mention strapping in, they have not used a Summit because they also strap into the tree once you are up there, you stay there. If you are concerned about the ability to fold flat, than take a look at the new Bullet or Broadhead, now Summits fold flat and weigh only about 20 lbs. Seems to me that Summit has answered your question. Plus Summit has changed their back packing straps which allow easy adjustment right at your finger tips.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I like the way the side supports pivot and make contact with the tree on the old man.The cable stays in full contact and the side bars grab the tree.The multi vision allows you to take the bar off the front for bow hunting.The old man will go around a really big tree.The net seat is very comfortable.I like the cable adjustment system better on the summit.

CB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all of your input i believe i will wait until i can try one out before i buy. thats a lot of money to pay for something you dont even like and have never seen before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts