Archery Talk Forum banner

? about PSE

435 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  CHPro
My buddy just had an older PSE bow given to him and he calls me to help him set it up. It is his first bow and is excited to get into the sport. I don't know anything about PSE, so here is my question. The draw length is too short, but on the cam the string in on the post labeled "C". If we put the bow on a press and move it to the "A" post will that lengthen the draw and if so how much? Thank you.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
My buddy just had an older PSE bow given to him and he calls me to help him set it up. It is his first bow and is excited to get into the sport. I don't know anything about PSE, so here is my question. The draw length is too short, but on the cam the string in on the post labeled "C". If we put the bow on a press and move it to the "A" post will that lengthen the draw and if so how much? Thank you.
I would go to the PSE website and look under Bow Specifications (menu on the left-hand side). I too a quick look and managed to find one bow, a Stinger, on there that had letter designations. For C, it said 28 DL. For A, it was 30. I would go to the website, put in the year and find the bow model.

· Registered
5,013 Posts
I believe A is the longest and C is the shortest, but these are just the fine tuning adjustemnts... From the sound of things, he picked up a single cam PSE and the adjustment should be made via draw length module. I'd suggest taking it to the nearest PSE dealer for some new mods.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
Just an fyi, not all the PSE single cams used draw length mods and did have up to something like 1" or 2" of adjustability on the cams (pegs). I believe the Lightning cam on my first Durango was set up that way. Still, good suggestion to take it to a PSE dealer, or any other good shop should be able to determine which direction to move the string on the cams. Plus the PSE older bow archives should be able to provide some direction as well. Unfortunately my memory isn't good enough to recall which direction the changes on my older Durango went when moving from A towards C :).

>>------>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.