Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my absolute 38 I purchased from Mark Gerlach from here in the classifieds great deal and great guy to deal with! My question is about the four knurled knobs at the limb pockets, how are they attached, what is their primary purpose, what is the proper way to adjust draw weight? Is there a exploded view of the entire limb attachment anywhere on the internet? Sorry for what seems like a simple operation but I don't want to screw up something from lack of knowledge this arrangement is like no other I've ever seen or worked on. Thanks in advance Mark

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The knurled knobs fix the limbs in position and prevent them from moving sideways.

I have adjusted draw weight on my bow by turning the limb bolts many times and never loosened them. Now that I think about it, it may be safer to loosen them first, I just never did it and there were never any problems.

The only time I had to loosen them was when I was replacing limbs on my bow as it's impossible to remove them with the knobs tight.

I don't think there is an "exploded view" of the bow anywhere, but I made a video of me replacing my limbs and in there you can see a complete tear down and set up of an Absolute, which may give you what you want. Just look for "replacing limbs on Absolute bow" on YouTube and it'll likely be some of the first picks... On the phone ATM, so can't find a direct link.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
The knurled knobs hold in both the axles in the block and the larger ones are on axles that hold the limb seats. They do not have to be loosened to adjust draw weight. I'll try to get you a pic but I'm a bit swamped so may take a day.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The knurled knobs fix the limbs in position and prevent them from moving sideways.

I have adjusted draw weight on my bow by turning the limb bolts many times and never loosened them. Now that I think about it, it may be safer to loosen them first, I just never did it and there were never any problems.

The only time I had to loosen them was when I was replacing limbs on my bow as it's impossible to remove them with the knobs tight.

I don't think there is an "exploded view" of the bow anywhere, but I made a video of me replacing my limbs and in there you can see a complete tear down and set up of an Absolute, which may give you what you want. Just look for "replacing limbs on Absolute bow" on YouTube and it'll likely be some of the first picks... On the phone ATM, so can't find a direct link.
Thanks for the video and the info, most helpful, I can take it from here, Thanks again Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts