Archery Talk Forum banner

Absolutely satisfied!!!!!!!!!!

649 5
Just thought I would share with everyone that for the first time in about 3 years Im 100% Satisfied with my hunting set up. I know the past two-three years Ive been shooting alot faster bow but this year I slowed it down a bit and I have to say that SPEED isnt everything. Im shooting this Trykon XL at 29" 62 lbs with my GT 55/75 and 100 Gr Montecs at 269 fps. And Ill tell you what Ill trade my 300fps hunting bow to this one any day just so i can keep the fixed blade broadheads. After I got my bow tuned and sighted in dead on from 20-50 yards I started shooting my broadheads and never touched my sights. WOW i was very happy with that since the last couple of years Ive been shooting expandables succesfully but EVERY time I release my arrow Ive had doubts on them. So Now when i release I all I have to think about is where hes running!!!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,132 Posts
speed isnt every thing,people forget in many ways it magnifies your mistakes.i found that shootin around 270-280 fps works best for me.

· Registered
8,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Kidding. Im excited to get in the woods tommorow. Im not at all disapointed in the way the mechanicals performed, but its just that confidence that I was lacking. The best part is that at 50 yards im grouping in about a 3.5 inch group of 6 arrows with broadheads. Those montecs really fly well. This is the first year I will use them. I hope they kill as good as they shoot!!

· Registered
726 Posts
Everybody gets caught up on the speed, and I hate to say it but I love it when I shoot with somebody that is shooting 300+ and they will miss a target and I just have to laugh to myself thinking the only thing that speed got you was a miss quicker. :wink:

I believe that with the speed you really take a big trade off for the forgiveness of the bow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.