Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, hoping someone can enlighten me as to how the Academic Team Round is shot and scored. This is the round the World University Games is using for the Team events and it would be nice to have some perspective on the scores being shot.

Thnx,

>>---------->

·
Registered
526 Posts
team rounds

Hey Jeff -

It is a "hit or miss" system where the "hit" zone is yellow and is the size of the 9 ring. Everything else is red and counts as a "miss". You can see the target in the background of this picture taken in Thailand last year. That's Zorno shooting during the team rounds.

-peace,
Hollywood
:cool:

Attachments

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
Don't know CH but one year, they used a new target-red and yellow (sort of like a giant field target with the black region coloured red) and only counted hits (a 9 or ten ) and misses.

It makes it easier for the fans and a perfect team pass would be 27 hits. Thus, three nines would beat two tens and an 8

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hollywood and Jim C.

I thought I heard of this scoring once but wasn't sure.

So in other words, the 27 the Korean Ladies recurve team shot in one of their elimination matches would be considered pretty good, huh :eek: ! Highest score I think I saw from any of the teams' passes - all divisions! Pretty impressive shooting, would have been fun to watch it in person.

>>---------->

1 - 5 of 5 Posts