Archery Talk Forum banner

ACC Questions

584 4
Forgive my ignorance but can someone answer the following questions for me?
I have some 3-39s on the way.
1) Are the unibushings required for ACCs or can you just insert a normal nock in the arrow?
2) Are the PDP inserts from LAS better than the half-outs for the 3-39s?
3) Can someone explain the use of the broadhead adaptor ring and is it really necessary?

Comments welcome and any tips in building ACCs. THanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,602 Posts
1) As far as I know you need a uni-bushing. I use large G-nocks. I would expect some of the bigger diameter ACC's could accept some small diameter nocks. I haven't looked into this.

2) Better? What is "better"? I'm using the PDP's this year. For hunting I don't know that it matters. The PDP inserts weight a bit less than the half-outs and that could be a factor for a target arrow.

3) I haven't used the adapter ring. If I remember correctly the adapter ring is necessary for some but not all broadheads depending on how the blades are installed in the head. Easton's web site has info on when to use the rings.

· Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. I saw on the Easton web site where it mentions the different size BARs but not when they are to be used. I think I'll go with the inserts over the half outs for less weight.

· Registered
761 Posts
The BARS are more suited to broadheads like the Thunderhead, where a compression ring is used to help lock down the blades.... the BAR helps make better contact, and hence better locking, of the shaft to the back of the broadhead.
I have only used the Half-outs for hunting - let us know how you find the PDP inserts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.