Archery Talk Forum banner

Which arrows should I use for hunting...

• Easton ACC 3-39

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Goldtip 5575xt

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Goldtip 5575pro

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Goldtip 22seriesxt

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Goldtip 22seriespro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys, I need some advice...
I'm trying to decide on whether to use my ACC 3-39's or goldtips for hunting. The chioces on goldtips would be either the 5575 xt's or pros, or the 22series xt's or pros.
Any opinions on this?
I've used goldtips for the last few years....but recently starting shooting acc's for tournys....both are great arrows...but I have to make a decision...about time to start setting up...
Just let me know what you guys think, and PLEEEAAASSSEEE don't tell me to "go shoot them all and choose which one I like the best". I know you guys have an opinion of your own, besides that would get very expensive!:D
And, if you've used both hunting, and prefer one over the other, please tell me why.
Thanks, let it rip.....

·
Registered
852 Posts
No doubt that ACC's are some of the finest, if not THE finest hunting arrows available.... That being said, I have been shooting Gold Tips for 5 years, and don't plan on changing anytime soon - they are EXTREMELY durable, and have worked very well for me for nearly everything... I shot the 3D Pro's for awhile, then switched back and forth between them and the XT's, and didn't notice any significant accuracy difference between the two - so I've just about totally switched to the XT's... Last time I bought 'em, I got a dozen shafts for under $60 shipped - tough to beat that!!! They've all been well within the .003" straightness tolerance, and after being built, didn't vary more than 3 grains per dozen in weight - that's good enough for me.... No doubt about it - Gold Tips and Rocket Steelhead 100's are a match made in heaven!!!! That's what'll be in MY quiver again this fall....

- georgestrings

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Who is actually voting Goldtips over A/C/Cs?!?!?

If money is not a consideration, hands down...A/C/Cs are the only way to go given those options. Definitely one of the best arrows on the market.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty close...

Well, it looks like the edge is going slightly for the acc's, but just slightly.
But, why acc's?
Really..., I don't know. The advertised staightness is the same. Is the durability of the acc's better? Is the weight tolerances better?
I've only been shooting my acc's for about a month now, but really liking them. Of course, it may just be the sensation of the new toy sendrome.
Need more imput....

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I have never shot ACCs so I have no opinion on them! I will say I don't have a reason to try them! my goldtip xt are everything that I have ever wanted in a hunting arrow....I know you will not be disappointed in them!! I just don't see how I can improve on goldtip xt.....just my opinion...but what works!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The A/C/C's are spendy sons of bows! dang near 200 for 12! Why pay that much when you could just do what i did and get some Buckeyes for the price of a dozen XX75's with the same quallity that Easton has in their A/C/C's?
Plus if you do get an animal and it breaks the shaft, you wont be in whole that much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
when you shoot that deer with those target arrow's be sure to spice them up with grey poupon and polish up the silver!,grandma's china should highly be considered as well...remington has the platinum series bullets in every ammo store just ask to see in the vault section of your local gun dealer for the best bullet's for the most demanding hunter!tommy hilfiger has great hunting cloth's now available,nike now has special air jordon's for those that just want to leap into there stand too go to www.highfulutenthunters.com for all the greatest up dates on what's IN this year!Be sure to check out TIFFANY'S line of gold/silver broadhead's diamond tipped serie's
on page 4

·
Registered
757 Posts
There is no doubt that the ACC's are fine arrows and I have used them for hunting but man they are expensive. For hunting purposes now I am back to using Gold Tip XT's. For an archery tournament where a tenth of an inch at 40 yards could mean win or lose fine go with a target arrow like the ACC's but for hunting I just don't see the need. Especially when I can get 2 dozen Gold Tips for the price of a dozen ACC's.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
a.c.c.'s are great arrows but man they are expensive when they break or you lose them. also you you bend htem and it's over and from what i have seen that 200 dollar plus price tag is not for a poor man like me. i have shot goldtip xt's int he past but went with the carbon force arrows due to the durability and how straight they were at my arrow length and they are fast
rob k
the goldtips are great arrows i just liked the carbon force better

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tides of change

Well, since the last time I checked the poll, the numbers have changed dramatically. Gold tip is running away with it.
Yes, the acc's are alot more expensive, and it looks as though that is the main reason for most of the gold tip votes. Which I can't blame you guys, I shot gold tips for about 3yrs. before getting these acc's, and the only reason I got them was because I got them on the classifieds for cheap.
But the expense is going to be if I DO choose to hunt with the gold tips, since I already have the acc's, and I would have to buy more gold tips because I sold what I had left, mainly because they were starting to get old (most of them were about two years old).
I guess I'll have to think about it some more, I still have a few weeks before I have to get serious about setting up my bow for hunting....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Goldtip XT's have never done me wrong.Although sometimes I wish I could blame it on them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts