Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been asked a number of times about mounting the TP Accu Draw on an Excal crossbow. I mounted one on my Excal Vortex and it works great. The Accu Draw is supplied with detailed instructions, with templates for drilling the stock and instructions for mounting procedure. The underside of the scope rail needs to be cut to make clearance for the cocking "sled" and the sled hook must be shortened for the Vortex as pictured below. The Ten Point Accu Draw, IMHO, is the finest crank type cocking system on the market and makes a very nice addition for folks that have difficulties using the cocking rope due to recurves' high draw weights. This modification also makes for very easy string changing. You'll notice the notch still can be used for rope cocking if so desired.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed TP Accu Draw

:):)

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not what my wife says!

but she's not into crossbows:)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If they want to void a warranty for many minor issues they could. If anything, I believe, the warranty on the stock could be voided but don't see how that would affect the balance of the warranty. JMO

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Ischa
Cool yes, but.......
May want to try one first. They are slow and noisy, makes the bow heavier and tends to interfere with cheek weld. The Crankaroo Parker makes fits the Ibes, but it's even slower and won't be built into the stock. Me? I'm using the cocker rope until I absolutely can't. Then may go to a Accu Draw poweered by a palm held cordess drill.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is embarrassing, I do have a cocker (my husband):wink: but when I try to use the rope I am 3/4 of an inch short of the trigger. I have shortened it and tried all the tricks to use it but I'm too short!! I am seriously thinking of converting my stirrup to a right angle to see if that helps. In the mean time I will use the crankaroo when I am by myself but it seemed like it would be nice to have the accu-draw because it seems to be lighter and I wouldn't have to put it on and take it off.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Accu draw

For those without special needs,If I were going to retrofit any Cocking device, the Tenpoint Accu draw 50 would be my choice.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Definitely give Dan Miller a call. As I remember he installs the Accudraw as well. The only other thing that I can think of is a product from Bullet Archery called the EZ loader.

As I understand it it uses those small compressed CO2 cartridges that you use to inflate bike tires to cock the crossbow. I have never used one and don't really know how well it works. It came to mind because I saw one in the classifieds the other day. Others on here might know how well they work. Here is a link to their website and a picture of it.

Bob

http://www.bulletarchery.com/products.htm

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMO it's one of the best mods

I've done to a crossbow.

"They are slow and noisy, makes the bow heavier and tends to interfere with cheek weld. The Crankaroo Parker makes fits the Ibes, but it's even slower and won't be built into the stock. Me? I'm using the cocker rope until I absolutely can't. Then may go to a Accu Draw poweered by a palm held cordess drill".

They are slow and make a clicking noise but that can be minimized. The extra weight is at the rear of the crossbow which makes it better balanced than than without it IMO and as to the "cheek weld", absolutely no problem because the factory stock is too low anyway. This is one of the mods that could not have turned out better, for me. A bonus to this setup is that changing strings is a breeze compared to the Excal hand held method. I'm close enough to not being able to cock it with the rope cocker that the Accu Draw is there when I need it. I shot a 30 shot 3D shoot recently and made it through with the rope cocker.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
"I have shortened it and tried all the tricks to use it but I'm too short!"

Most folks don't shorten the cocker pull rope ENOUGH. Shorten it so you have to pull the second hook up at least 6 inches. I'm right handed, so I hook the right side hook and , while holding string and hook with the right hand, pull the bowstring up -about 6" to 8"s- with my right hand, to hook the left hook with the left hand. Then proceed to pull handles up with both hands while straightening the knees. The pull is eased even more if you slide the stock alongside your right side and behind the armpit, rather than standing over the stock with the middle of your chest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts