Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
I have tried them didnt see much(if any) difference but i didnt shoot them long. I still go buy kis(keep it simple).

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
The concept is amazing. I believe everything they claim. Especially since the owner "inventor" had a few products that another person highjacked and is making a killing off of it. He simply makes stuff that just works.

For me, I don't use them because it is just another extra thing i have to do to my bow to get it ready for shooting. I like to try too many different bows in a year.

D-loop and shoot is good enough for me!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used them at the NFAA indoor nationals in Louisville and I think they work great. I set up my 2712's with Easton nocks first and then switched to Accunocks. Noticeably tightened up the shot grouping. Good enough for 2nd place in Senior Pro, so obviously I like them.

They really do work as advertised, the nock leaves the string without any contact with the "clip" portion. They are now made out of Lexan and are pretty tough. One tip on installing them. They are very tight and use a tiny amount of bow wax on the end of them and they will normally insert by hand and turn easily, try to avoid using a nock tool if possible.

Dick

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they are great.

I originally got six just to try because they seemed like a good Idea. They really work well. You can see a difference in group size, especially way out there. I chronographed for speed and there was a 4 to 5 fps difference. You can even hear a difference at the shot; much quieter. The biggest thing I noticed was they make your set up more forgiving. If you make a little boo-boo at your anchor or tork the bow a little, the effect is much less at the target. This is a good thing, especially for 3D or indoor. I also tried them on the hunting rigs. Even more effect with broad heads.
The only bad thing about them is the price. Make sure you spread your arrows to lots of different spots when practicing. They don't seem to funnel an arrow into another too bad when you put two in the same place(tubing arrows sure gets expensive), but they can't take a hit.
Again, I really like them, they do make a difference. Try them out and you will see.I will be buying more.
Thanks,
D. Lane

·
Registered
381 Posts
there is no set up involved with accunocks just install and shoot

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
The concept is amazing. I believe everything they claim. Especially since the owner "inventor" had a few products that another person highjacked and is making a killing off of it. He simply makes stuff that just works.

For me, I don't use them because it is just another extra thing i have to do to my bow to get it ready for shooting. I like to try too many different bows in a year.

D-loop and shoot is good enough for me!
Sorry guys.. i was thinking of the Pro release nocking system

http://www.prorelease.com/light_speed_pro.aspx

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Accunocks sure promote great broadhead flight. Sure like the sound of equipment breaking at longer ranges.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
I just got my accunocks this morning. shot a few dozen times down range. still getting used to the loose fit. until you pull back on the string to fire, the internal release grabs the string. less contact more FPS. still need to Chrono to find out if its true. I do like the color combos.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Been there - done that.

I used them on my 2712 for most of the indoor season. I tried them for two reasons. First I thought they were cool and figured why not, second becasue of their design I was able to use them one my rig set up for G-nocks. They are larger than a standard nock but becasue of the design it fits the same setup. As for seeing any difference between them and a standard nock, no. When I switched back to my standard nock I shot the same scores, same groups. There are more parts = more opportunity to have a failure for one reason or another. That being said I did not find any negatives to using them.
Good Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts