Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been said that any bow placed in a hooter shooter will put arrow after arrow through the same hole, but at the same time posts pop up constantly with shooters making claims as to how accurate their new bow is as if accuracy is a variable. So what gives? Is accuracy a constant with todays bows or is it not?

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
forgivness

I think all bows arecapable of extreme accuracy in perfect shot but there are some bows that are extremely forgiving to your flaws in form grip and follow through. some bow designs fit some styles better than others and if you have a bow that fits your style its going to be more forgiving for you. It may not fit mine and it would seem less accurate to me .

·
Registered
578 Posts
I THINK what people mean when they brag about the accuracy of their bow, is how "easy" or "forgiving" their bow shoots. I would think that any bow shot out of a machine that does everything EXACTLY the same EVERY time will be consistant, but things really start changing when human hands start touching the riser.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Out of the three bows I currently own I am more consistant with one than the other two so I would have to say ya.

·
Registered
921 Posts
accuracy depends on the shooter and how his bow "fits" them.i shoot my destroyer better than any bow yet for some its a matthews or hoyt or pse and so on.longer brace height bows are more forgiving than shorter brace bows and a less reflexed riser is also more forgiving.but it all boils down to the shooter.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
A bow is just a tool and will do the same thing on every shot if you remove the variables... human factor, wind, etc.

Some are more forgiving of shooters mistakes than others. Some bows also fit, point and hold better than others. Interestingly enough, this varies by individual.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
man or machine

The variables come into play only when a human picks up the bow. We have flaws in our form and we are not 100% consistent therefore we need bows that can "forgive" our weak form. The hooter shooter is consistent therefore has more consistent results. Every bow is accurate in a machine. The human shooter is the problem!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
operator error!

I hate it when operator error shows up!!

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I better settle down then.. hearing all this talk about how accurate the Z7 is was getting me thinking it might do things for me that my HOYT won't..:confused3:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I talked a pro shooter at the asa shoot who has a hooter shooter and he said the arrow are the weak link not the bows .He told me that the aluminum will shoot in the same hole but carbon are a different story.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I talked a pro shooter at the asa shoot who has a hooter shooter and he said the arrow are the weak link not the bows .He told me that the aluminum will shoot in the same hole but carbon are a different story.
If you just slam a bow in the hooter shooter with any old arrows it probably won't put all of them in the same hole. It will be close but inconsistencies in the arrows will show up.

Aluminums perform better because the spine is more consistent. Carbons can be made to hit the same spot but it takes more tuning.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong....but isn't it the shooter thats "accurate" not the bow. The bow would be the medium for arrow delivery.

I mean, if you take any 2 bows, tune them properly, put them in the same archers hands.... they should be equally as accurate.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I mean, if you take any 2 bows, tune them properly, put them in the same archers hands.... they should be equally as accurate.
I don't agree. I can set two bows exactly the same in regards to draw and holding weight, draw length, loop length, peep height, etc......and they won't necessarily shoot as well for me. Especially if they are of different geometry. This tends to make me believe that some designs are just more forgiving than others and that some just fit me better than others as well. And that forgiveness is effected greatly by personal variables and fit.

Then take two bows with exactly identical specs and geometry, but with different grips, and you won't get the same ease of repeatable accuracy either. This will also vary with the individual.

So it all boils down to finding what "works" for you and making sure it fits properly for maximum forgiveness. At least that's how I see it. :D

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you just slam a bow in the hooter shooter with any old arrows it probably won't put all of them in the same hole. It will be close but inconsistencies in the arrows will show up.

Aluminums perform better because the spine is more consistent. Carbons can be made to hit the same spot but it takes more tuning.
So in your opinon, say I open a box of GT Entradas and start shooting them one after another through a hooter shooter how much of a spread is there gonna be at twenty due to shaft inconsistencies?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Thats impossible to predict becasue one dozen to the next dozen of even the same make, model and spine of carbons will show some variance.

My guess... Most will be very close, some will even robin hood one another, but two or three will miss by 2" to 3".

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats impossible to predict becasue one dozen to the next dozen of even the same make, model and spine of carbons will show some variance.

My guess... Most will be very close, some will even robin hood one another, but two or three will miss by 2" to 3".
2 - 3" variance at 20 with certain shafts due to inconsistencies? Really? You think that much..? Maybe I'm a better shot than I realize..:shade:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
2 - 3" variance at 20 with certain shafts due to inconsistencies? Really? You think that much..? Maybe I'm a better shot than I realize..:shade:
Or maybe your misses are finding the bullseye due to inconsistencies... ;)

Carbon shafts are getting better and better, but it always seems like there are two or three within a dozen that just will not shoot with the others.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Or maybe your misses are finding the bullseye due to inconsistencies... ;)

Carbon shafts are getting better and better, but it always seems like there are two or three within a dozen that just will not shoot with the others.

I'm a the glass is half full kind of guy..:cocktail:

·
Registered
997 Posts
I guess I better settle down then.. hearing all this talk about how accurate the Z7 is was getting me thinking it might do things for me that my HOYT won't..:confused3:
Please don't EVER say anything like that again. Trading in a Hoyt for a Z7 is not something to joke about! No more of these :darkbeer: for you tonight!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts